The University Singers, Womens Choir and Mens Glee Club will present their popular year-end concert featuring a variety of songs from around the world at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, June 2, in Meany Hall.
The evening will feature works by Dobri Khristov, Stephen Hatfield, Shawn Kircher, Joseph Rheinberger, and the world premiere of We Have Not Long to Love, by James Blachly.
Tickets are $10. For more information, call the UW Arts Ticket Office at 206-543-4880, or visit the School of Music online.
Here are details of the concert.
UW University Singers, conducted by Jeshua Franklin, Around the World in 20 Minutes.
- Due pupille amabile (Two Lovely Eyes)
- Hvalite imya gospodne (Praise Ye the Name of the Lord) – Dobri Khristov
- Nodle Kangbyon (Beside the Nodle River) – Korean Folksong
- Mayn Rue Platz (My Resting Place) – arr. Stephen Hatfield
- Rain Come Down – Shawn Kirchner
- Freedom is Coming – ed. Anders Nyberg
UW Women’s Choir, conducted by Wendy K. Moy with Melissa Thorne, assistant conductor and accompanist, Heaven and Earth.
- Oye: Jim Papoulis
- Danny Boy: Traditional Irish
- We Have Not Long to Love (premiere): James Blachly
Commissioned by UW Women’s Choir
Jeremiah Selvey, soloist
- Cloths of Heaven: Eleanor Daley
- Wie lieblich sind deine Wohnungen (How Lovely is Thy Dwelling Place): Josef Rheinberger
- Let Me Fly arr. Robert De Cormier
UW Men’s Glee Club, conducted by Bryan Nichols and Jeremiah Selvey, with John Burkhardt, accompanist.
- Once Upon a Time – arr. Rob Campbell
- A Dirge for Two Veterans – Gustav Holst
- In His Care-O – William Dawson
- At the River and Boatmen’s Dance – Aaron Copland
- Trinklied – Franz Schubert, Ed. Clay Dawson
- What Shall We Do With A Drunken Sailor – arr. Robert Shaw/Alice Parker