Report to Campus
Did You Know?
- The University of Washington made the “Green Rating Honor Roll” from The Princeton Review and the U.S. Green Building Council in their third annual edition of The Princeton Review’s Guide to 322 Green Colleges.
- UW was named the 11th “most-buzzed” university on the Internet. The Global Language Monitor’s TrendTopper MediaBuzz rankings measured 210 universities and 200 colleges on their “brand equity,” using social media data, the blogosphere and both print and electronic media. Read the article “25 Most-Buzzed Universities on the Internet.”
Tomorrow’s University Today
President Michael K. Young recently launched Tomorrow’s University Today, a new initiative that focuses on three key areas:
- Leading change in public higher education
- Turning the UW inside out to apply multidisciplinary expertise to K – 12 education and early learning; sustainability and clean energy; health care and social welfare
- Driving our economic future
The initiative builds on the UW’s long-standing commitment to addressing the world’s most complex challenges. Visit tomorrow.uw.edu to learn more.
This Just In . . .
Check back often for the latest updates from the world of External Affairs at the University of Washington!
- Science EXPO Day is Saturday
Don't miss science EXPO day this Saturday at the Pacific Science Center. This fun, one-day event featuring activities, demos and performances celebrates STEM (science, technology, education and math) and shows how important they are to the Puget Sound region. Program highlights and schedule are available here.
- Upcoming campus event to focus on the future of aerospace
The Joint Center for Aerospace Research Technology Innovation (JCATI) will hold its inaugural symposium on Monday, June 24 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on the University of Washington's Seattle campus. This symposium will include an industry panel discussing the major challenges in aerospace and the role of innovation. The panel, moderated by Roger Myers of Aerojet, will include industry leaders from the commercial airplane industry, space, UAV, and NextGen/big data sectors.
A university panel titles "The Academy's Role in Innovation" will host campus leaders from the UW, WSU and MIT. For more information, click here.
- Governor Inslee announces four new members of the Student Achievement Council
- Congress back in session
Congress has returned from recess their spring recess and begins work on a number of important issues this week. The Office of Federal Relations has a list of scheduled hearings that may be of interest to the UW Community.
- UW partners with Starbucks for Earth Day
In celebration of HuskyFest, Starbucks Global Month of Service and Earth Day, University of Washington faculty, staff and students joined Starbucks partners and customers from University-area stores for a volunteer event at the UW Center for Urban Horticulture. Watch the video - Starbucks & the UW Celebrate Earth Day & the Community.
Read more news