Report to Campus
Did You Know?
- The University of Washington made the “Green Rating Honor Roll” from The Princeton Review and the U.S. Green Building Council in their third annual edition of The Princeton Review’s Guide to 322 Green Colleges.
- UW was named the 11th “most-buzzed” university on the Internet. The Global Language Monitor’s TrendTopper MediaBuzz rankings measured 210 universities and 200 colleges on their “brand equity,” using social media data, the blogosphere and both print and electronic media. Read the article “25 Most-Buzzed Universities on the Internet.”
Tomorrow’s University Today
In 2012, President Michael K. Young launched Tomorrow’s University Today, a new initiative that focuses on three key areas:
- Leading change in public higher education
- Turning the UW inside out to apply multidisciplinary expertise to K – 12 education and early learning; sustainability and clean energy; health care and social welfare
- Driving our economic future
The initiative builds on the UW’s long-standing commitment to addressing the world’s most complex challenges. Visit tomorrow.uw.edu to learn more.
This Just In . . .
Check back often for the latest updates from the world of External Affairs at the University of Washington!
July 28, 2014
The Seattle Times featured UWTV's documentary Grays Harbor Happenings: The newsreels of C.D. Anderson last week. You can watch the documentary, which received a 2014 Telly Award for History/Biography, online from UWTV|Channel 27.
July 24, 2014
UW alumnus Dr. Larry Nyland was selected to lead Seattle Public Schools while the School Board searches for a permanent superintendent. Dr. Nyland graduated from Roosevelt High School before attending the UW to pursue his Bachelor of Arts degree and then a Master's and Doctorate in Education Administration. Read more from the Seattle Times.
July 24, 2014
The University of Washington has been recognized as a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education in its 2014 survey. The UW received recognition for overall job satisfaction and tenure clarity and process. “UW faculty and staff incite fierce passions, creative energy and a collaborative spirit across our classrooms and communities,” said UW President Michael K. Young. “We actively support our employees’ professional and personal growth because their work serves the next generation of thinkers, doers and leaders." Now in its seventh year, the Chronicle’s 2014 Great Colleges to Work For program recognizes small groups of colleges (based on enrollment size) for specific best practices and policies.
Read more from UW Today.
July 24, 2014
Welcome UP Global to the U District! They are joining us in Condon Hall, otherwise known as Start-Up Hall.
Curious about what is in store for the building? Check out this UW 360 story about the transformation of Condon Hall and the vision for the U District as a center for innovation.
July 23, 2014
Tune in Sunday at 9p.m. to UWTV|Channel 27 for a new UW360. This Emmy® Award-winning magazine-style profiles the fascinating people, programs and community connections that define the University of Washington. The show looks at a wide range of UW topics, from solar energy, to heart tissue regeneration, to neighborhood farmer's markets - and much more. This month, get a behind-the-scenes look at the UW Surplus Store, hit the beach with the Husky sand volleyball team, learn about the late Gordon Hirabayashi, UW alumnus and recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom, and much more.
Read more news