Report to Campus
Did You Know?
- The University of Washington made the “Green Rating Honor Roll” from The Princeton Review and the U.S. Green Building Council in their third annual edition of The Princeton Review’s Guide to 322 Green Colleges.
- UW was named the 11th “most-buzzed” university on the Internet. The Global Language Monitor’s TrendTopper MediaBuzz rankings measured 210 universities and 200 colleges on their “brand equity,” using social media data, the blogosphere and both print and electronic media. Read the article “25 Most-Buzzed Universities on the Internet.”
Tomorrow’s University Today
In 2012, President Michael K. Young launched Tomorrow’s University Today, a new initiative that focuses on three key areas:
- Leading change in public higher education
- Turning the UW inside out to apply multidisciplinary expertise to K – 12 education and early learning; sustainability and clean energy; health care and social welfare
- Driving our economic future
The initiative builds on the UW’s long-standing commitment to addressing the world’s most complex challenges. Visit tomorrow.uw.edu to learn more.
This Just In . . .
Check back often for the latest updates from the world of External Affairs at the University of Washington!
April 9, 2014
"The Ellen DeGeneres Show" made a surprise visit to the University of Washington on Monday, and hundreds of students turned out to get a shot to be on national TV, wave signs and cheer on participants in a costume contest. "I would have gone to college if I had seen that place. That's beautiful," DeGeneres remarked. Read more from UW Today and watch the segment here.
March 27, 2014
The University of Washington School of Medicine announced plans to establish Spokane as the center of an effort called "Next Generation WWAMI." Read more here.
March 11, 2014
U.S. News & World Report ranked University of Washington programs among the top in the nation in its new graduate school rankings.The UW School of Medicine regained its No. 1 overall ranking for primary care, and other programs in medicine, education, law, business and engineering were ranked in the top 26 in the country. Read more from UW Today.
March 6, 2014
This Saturday is Dino Day at the Burke Museum. This event provides an up-close view of the Burke Museum's paleontology collections. See and touch fossils, meet Burke paleontologists, try out a fossil dig pit, and much more!
Click here for more information on Dino Day.
February 26, 2014
On March 10, 2014, United States Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor will visit the University of Washington. Justice Sotomayor will be in Seattle to talk about My Beloved World, her memoir chronicling her journey from a housing project in the Bronx to her service as a federal judge and ultimately a Supreme Court Justice. Provost Ana Mari Cauce will interview Justice Sotomayor about the formative experiences that shaped her into who she is today. More information is available from Undergraduate Academic Affairs.
Read more news