Report to Campus
Did You Know?
- The University of Washington made the “Green Rating Honor Roll” from The Princeton Review and the U.S. Green Building Council in their third annual edition of The Princeton Review’s Guide to 322 Green Colleges.
- UW was named the 11th “most-buzzed” university on the Internet. The Global Language Monitor’s TrendTopper MediaBuzz rankings measured 210 universities and 200 colleges on their “brand equity,” using social media data, the blogosphere and both print and electronic media. Read the article “25 Most-Buzzed Universities on the Internet.”
Tomorrow’s University Today
In 2012, President Michael K. Young launched Tomorrow’s University Today, a new initiative that focuses on three key areas:
- Leading change in public higher education
- Turning the UW inside out to apply multidisciplinary expertise to K – 12 education and early learning; sustainability and clean energy; health care and social welfare
- Driving our economic future
The initiative builds on the UW’s long-standing commitment to addressing the world’s most complex challenges. Visit tomorrow.uw.edu to learn more.
This Just In . . .
Check back often for the latest updates from the world of External Affairs at the University of Washington!
December 2, 2013
Looking for a new way to show your Husky pride? The new purple UW license plate is now available from the Washington Department of Licensing. For more information visit the Husky plates website.
October 30, 2013
The UW broke ground on a campus Native American long-house style facility last week. Wǝɫǝbʔaltxʷ, pronounced “wah-sheb-altuh” and known as the Lushootseed language name for “Intellectual House,” will serve as a learning and gathering place for Native American students, faculty and staff, as well as the UW and surrounding community. Read more about the groundbreaking and the project from the Seattle Times.
October 29, 2013
The UW will host a series of events next week honoring UW alumni, students, faculty, staff and community members who have served in the U.S. armed forces. Events kick-off Nov. 5 with a reception in the HUB for alumni and student veterans and will culminate on Nov. 11 with the Veterans Day celebration and ceremony at the Medal of Honor Memorial. More information is available from the UW Alumni Association.
October 21, 2013
KUOW announced that Caryn G. Mathes has been selected as the new general manager of the station. Read more from UW Today.
October 15, 2013
Show your Purple Pride and join the campus community on Friday, Oct. 25, to celebrate the UW's birthday and Homecoming. See the many ways you can participate before and on W Day!
Read more news