Q Faculty, Staff & Allies Association (QFS)
How To Get Involved
Send a Job Posting to this Group
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Washington Queer (Q) Faculty, Staff, and Allies Affinity Group is an association whose vision is to foster a campus climate where all Q Faculty, Staff and Allies are valued and respected, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
Our mission is to ensure the inclusion and success of Q faculty, staff and allies through recruitment, retention and training opportunities. This group seeks to promote the following goals:
- Increase education and dialogue on issues affecting the Q community
- Honor the cultural diversity of Q faculty, staff, and allies
- Support leadership and career advancement among Q faculty, staff, and allies
- Advocate for issues in higher education that affect Q faculty, staff, and allies
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of Q faculty, staff, and allies
- Provide opportunities for social networking
- Foster an exchange of ideas
- Help provide LGBTQ+ Resources to the Q community
The Q Faculty, Staff, and Allies Affinity Group is jointly sponsored by the Leadership, Community and Values Initiative and the Office of Minority Affairs & Diversity. We are one of several Affinity Groups within the UW whose mission is to advance the University of Washington’s commitment to diversity by being a vehicle to build community and to improve recruitment and retention of diverse talent.
For campus-wide LGBTQ support, please visit the Q Center