Think Critically, Not Comfortably
Your relationship with the UW doesn’t end when you leave campus — once you’re a Husky, you’re a Husky for life. That’s one of the guiding principles of the UW Alumni Association (UWAA), an organization with a history almost as long and storied as the UW itself.
In A Message from UWAA Leadership in Columns magazine (March 2017), UWAA Board President, Clyde Walker, and UWAA Executive Director and Columns Publisher, Paul Rucker, posit that critical and informed thinking is vital for the level of discourse our society needs and demands. This web page provides connections to UW resources, events and information that we hope will be helpful to further building a community of informed, engaged and independent thinkers.
Be in the know
Keep up to date with discussions and debates taking place on campus.
- UW Today is the portal for the latest UW news and events.
- On the Presidential Blog, UW President Ana Mari Cauce shares her perspective on the campus climate.
- Learn the student perspective at The Daily and the Student Life homepage.
Stay informed about ongoing campus initiatives and resources.
- In order to support and sustain diversity and equity at the UW, President Cauce has launched the Race & Equity Initiative.
- The UW has brought together partners across the university as part of the Population Health Initiative.
- The Office of Global Affairs offers these resources for UW community members from nations affected by the recent executive order on immigration.
Learn about the issues and perspectives impacting our community.
- Columns Magazine, an institution since 1908, tells alumni and student stories.
- Leading academics and thought leaders share viewpoints on our changing world at public lectures.
- UWAA members enjoy borrowing privileges at UW Libraries and access to EBSCO online journals.
At the UWAA, it’s our mission to support the UW and public higher education in Washington.
- Legislative advocacy program UW Impact educates alumni and gives them a voice in the halls of the capitol in Olympia.
- Get the latest updates on how the UW works with state legislators, elected officials and state agencies to advance its academic and legislative agenda.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to hear the latest news from the UWAA.
- Your feedback is valued and we encourage and welcome you to share your thoughts and input at email@example.com.
Be a member
Be informed. Be engaged. Be a champion for the thoughtful and tough-minded discourse our society needs now more than ever. If you value higher education and want to stay connected to the world of ideas, fellowship, fun and spirit you found at the UW, membership is for you. Join the UWAA today.