FASTRANS is a process that allows campus departments to directly
enter Financial accounting information into the Financial
Accounting System (FAS). FASTRANS is an alternative to paper
processing and provides timely updates that can be viewed online
the next day.
FASTRANS is retiring to support UW Finance Transformation (UWFT) and the implementation of Workday Finance.
FASTRANS Process overview:
Transactions submitted after 6pm may not be processed until the following business day.
- Create the File to Transfer
- In your department:
- Gather the financial transaction information
- Enter it into a spreadsheet or database program.
- Format the File by Transaction Type
- Format the file as a space-delimited file
- Save it as ASCII text
- Transfer the File
- Use a file transfer program to:
- Transfer the data to:
- Exit the file transfer process
- when the file has successfully been transferred.
- Name the File for Transfer
- Name it according to the FASTRANS naming conventions
- Submit the File
- Use SecureCRT to connect to fastrans.u.washington.edu
- Submit the data to the Financial Accounting System.
Transactions will normally be posted to the Financial Accounting System(FAS) the sameevening and may be
verified online the day after processing in MyFinancial Desktop.
Set up a new account:
Send email to email@example.com.