Getting Help with Accessibility
If you are a UW faculty or staff member, there are various options available for receiving help with the accessibility of your websites, online documents, or IT procurement decisions.
UW-IT Accessible Technology Services (ATS)
UW-IT ATS provides services that can help you with accessibility of your websites, software, video, and other technologies. Services include:
- Evaluating websites for accessibility
- Testing technology products as they’re being considered for procurement
- Providing presentations and customized training for your web and online course designers and developers, content authors, instructors, and other stakeholder groups
- Providing demonstrations of assistive and ergonomic technology, scientific equipment, and furniture within an access technology showroom and assisting individuals and campus IT units in making selections
- Creating and supporting online resources to promote the development, procurement and use of accessible technology campus-wide.
To inquire about or receive services from ATS, drop by the Access Technology Center in Room 064 of Mary Gates Hall, call 206-685-4144 (voice/TTY) or send an email message to email@example.com.
AccessibleWeb@U: Support from the Community
AccessibleWeb@U is a community of UW web designers, developers, and other interested individuals who discuss and share ideas on accessible web design through their online discussion list and through monthly meetings. Meetings are typically held in Allen Library Auditorium the 4th Thursday of each month, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. unless otherwise announced on the AccessibleWeb email list.