Current and former U.S. military personnel, and their dependents may be eligible for resident tuition in various ways. The main categories are listed below. Please select the specific category for more details about the requirements, and how to apply for residency at the Seattle Campus.

Need help figuring out under which category you may be eligible for residency? Use this tool.

Dependents of Current or Former Service Members

If you are granted residency due to your military connection, you are not eligible for state aid programs such as Washington College Grant or College Bound as these programs have additional requirements. For details about other ways to qualify for residency, please review the Office of the University Registrar’s website


If you are not enrolled at the Seattle campus, please visit the UW Tacoma Residency Office or the UW Bothell Residency Office websites for more information.