The Blog is Slowly Coming Back

Thanks to all of you who have been patient with the lack of blog postings in August. I needed some time away in order to pull off a long planned relocation from Olympia to Seattle. Happy to say the old house is sold and my family and I should be moved into my new home in Seattle by mid-month.

As for state political news, I’m assuming most of you may have been reading the papers regularly, but if not, here’s some state political news that has happened recently:

• Governor’s Chief of Staff Cindy Zehnder is stepping down at the end of the month after about two years on the job.
  • The Governor’s communications chief Pearse Edwards has already left to take a similar position for the Governor of North Carolina, his home state.
  • State  Senator Ed Murray has decided not to run as a write-in candidate for the Seattle mayoral contest this November.
  • State Senator Fred Jarrett and Represenative Ross Hunter finished out of the running for King County Executive’s race in the August 19 primary election.
  • Higher Education Coordinating Board executive director Ann Daley recently announced she will step down from her post at the end of the 2010 legislative session.

More to come in the days ahead.  Hope everyone saw the great news about the Ocean Observatory Initiative grant award which was announced yesterday.  State legislative funding for the “e-Science Initiative” in the 2008 supplemental budget helped play a role in securing this historical grant for the University.

More posts in the days to come.