Fall Applications are now open. Application closes December 15th, 2023
The Vice President for Minority Affairs & Diversity and University Diversity Officer is pleased to offer Diversity and Inclusion Seed Grants. These small grants support projects for institutional transformation across the University of Washington’s tri-campus community that align with the goals of the 2022-2026 UW Diversity Blueprint.
The six goals of the Diversity Blueprint are:
- Cultivate an Accessible, Inclusive, and Equitable Campus Climate
- Attract, Retain, and Graduate a Diverse and Excellent Student Body
- Attract and Retain Diverse Academic Personnel
- Attract and Retain Diverse Staff
- Develop Place-Based Education and Engagement to Advance Access, Inclusion and Equity
- Improve Accountability and Transparency at All Levels
For each broad goal, the Diversity Council has identified a number of strategic priorities and suggested action steps that are essential to progress.
Administrative and academic units are encouraged to apply for seed grants to support projects that help advance one or more of the goals.
Award amounts will typically range between $1,000-$5,000.
Fall 2023 Application Timeline
Spring 2024 Application Timeline
|Application opens: November 8, 2023||Application opens: May 6, 2024|
|Application closes: December 15, 2023||Application closes: June 14, 2024|
|Award notifications: February 2024||Award notifications: August 2024|
|Award disbursed: Spring 2024||Award disbursed: October 2024|