Submit the File to the Financial Accounting System
Now that you've transferred the file and exited from the File
Transfer program, submit the file.
The submission process:
You can choose to have an email message sent to you when the submission
is successfully made.
- validates that all required fields are present
- displays the total dollar amount for the file for your verification
- verifies that the department is authorized to submit the
- rejects batches with format errors
- renames and copies the file so the Financial Accounting System
(FAS) will load the accepted transactions.
When a batch of transactions are successfully submitted, they
will be fully edited and posted to FAS during the next nightly update (in most
To submit the file:
- Connect to fastrans.u.washington.edu using SecureCRT, your userid and password for FASTRANS
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING SYSTEM
Electronic Transfer of Financial Transactions FASTRANS
< S >ubmit file to FAS directory
< F >ile Menu (Directory, Remove, Rename)
< J >ournal of Activities
< U >tility Menu
< H >ELP
< E >xit or Quit
< L >ogout
Enter your choice below and press the RETURN key
- Enter "S" and press the RETURN key.
- Review your directory. A prompt will be displayed, for
- Do you want to submit file F0411031.ISD ? Please enter Y(Yes)
If "N" (no) that file will be skipped, and you will see the
- Abandoning submission of file F0411031.ISD and continuing
During the submission process, basic file edits will be
performed. These include:
- User permission to submit the transactions
- File format
- Single transaction type per batch
- Presence of ascii data format
- Scan for potential duplicate user batches (Fixed Format Files
The Submit process continues until all potential files have been
processed, then displays the following completion informational
- Submissions Completed
Press RETURN key to continue ...
After pressing the return key the Main Menu is displayed and
other functions may be selected.