FASTRANS is a process that allows campus departments to directly
enter Financial accounting information into the Financial
Accounting System (FAS). FASTRANS is an alternative to paper
processing and provides timely updates that can be viewed online
the next day.
FASTRANS Process overview:
- Create the File to Transfer
- In your department:
- Gather the financial transaction information
- Enter it into a spreadsheet or database program.
- Format the File by Transaction Type
- Format the file as a space-delimited file
- Save it as ASCII text
- Transfer the File
- Use a file transfer program to:
- Transfer the data to:
- Exit the file transfer process
- when the file has successfully been transferred.
- Name the File for Transfer
- Name it according to the FASTRANS naming conventions
- Submit the File
- Use telnet or another terminal emulation software package
- Connect to:
- Submit the data to the Financial Accounting System.
Transactions will normally be posted to the Financial Accounting
and Purchasing Systems (FIN and PAS) the same evening, and may be
verified online the day after processing. Financial transactions
can be verified online in FIN using OFIS, the Online Financial
Inquiry System. Purchasing transactions may be verified online
using the inquiries in PAS.
Set up a new account:
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.