President Ana Mari Cauce appointed the ADA & Accessibility Steering Committee in 2020 to provide ongoing strategic oversight and leadership for the University’s work with regard to the University’s efforts to ensure equal opportunity and full participation for all individuals with disabilities. The committee is charged with fostering an institution-wide environment of inclusion and equal access consistent with the University’s mission and values while embracing the mandates of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other relevant laws and regulations.
Office of the ADA Coordinator
The ADA/Section 504 Coordinator provides leadership, coordination, and oversight to advance the University’s ADA/Section 504 mission, vision, and strategic priorities relating to accessibility. The office works in partnership with a broad network of University partners, offices, and programs who in turn provide direct support, resources, and outreach on ADA/Section 504 matters and initiatives.
- Facilitate University-wide ADA/Section 504-related education and outreach
- Identify and coordinate a response to patterns or systemic issues relating to ADA/Section 504 concerns
- Provide information and assistance to individuals who wish to raise a complaint or have concerns or questions regarding ADA/Section 504
- Consult with the University entities responsible for investigating and responding to ADA/Section 504 complaints
- Monitor and coordinate compliance with federal, state, and local laws, resolution agreements, and regulatory guidance related to ADA/Section 504
- Participate on University committees: Diversity Council, Grounds Improvement Advisory Committee, UW Medicine Patient Non-Discrimination Oversight Committee, IT Accessibility Task Force, SB 5227 DEI Steering Committee, DO-IT Advisory Board, Campus Climate Oversight Committee