Skip to content

Grievance and Dispute Resolution Resources

Grievance and Dispute Resolution Resources

lf you are having difficulty with a person, office, or department at the University of Washington on the basis of your disability and have been unable to come to a resolution, dedicated resources and processes are available. The ADA Coordinator can provide information, assistance, and referrals to individuals who wish to raise a complaint or have concerns related to accessibility and accommodations, or possible discrimination due to a disability.

Bree Callahan
(206) 543-9717 (voice and relay)

University Dispute Resolution

University Grievance Procedures

  • The Civil Rights Investigation Office is responsible for investigating complaints that a University employee has violated the University’s policies relating to the ADA/Rehabilitation Act and relevant federal, state, and local laws.
  • Patient Rights & Responsibilities is responsible for patient care complaints as well as formal investigations of discrimination under the Affordable Care Act Section 1557 for UW Medical Centers, Harborview Medical Center, and Neighborhood Clinics.

External Grievance Options

Complaints may also be filed with the following state or federal agencies: