Please see the more complete article on creating an advance budget request.
To create an Advance Budget Request (ABR):
- Verify that you have access to the eGC1.
- Click the Advances tab to display the My Advance Requests page.
- Click the Create a new Advance button.
- Search for the Approved eGC1.
- Click Select, located adjacent to the relevant eGC1.
If the eGC1 is ineligible, use the Advance Budget Number Eligibility Tool. A link to it is in the Creating an Advance sidebar.
- When prompted, click OK, to continue creating the Advance Budget Request.
- Verify that the pre-populated fields are correct.
- Complete the Advance Budget Number Request Information section.
- Click Print Draft to view a proof of the entries.
The proof generated will contain a watermark indicating that it is a draft copy.
- If all of the information is filled out correctly click Complete to route the Advance Budget Request.
Once the Advance Budget Request is complete, no further edits can be made.
- Click Print Final to generate the final copy.
- Mail the Advance Budget Request form, signed by the PI and the Chair/Dean, to the appropriate GCA contact.