Dr. Brad Cookson, professor of laboratory medicine and microbiology, will present the next Science in Medicine Lecture, Nov. 20. The lecture, Pyroptosis: Where Cell Death Meets Inflammation, will take place at noon in room T-625 in the Health Sciences Center.
Cookson is also head of the Clinical Microbiology Division, UW School of Medicine. He received his medical and doctoral degrees from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.
Cookson is studying the immunopathogenesis of host-pathogen interactions with the primary goal of improving the diagnosis and treatment of human diseases. His studies include investigation of bacterial virulence mechanisms, cellular immune responses, and pathways of host cell death. The latter has relevance to a wide variety of inflammatory conditions, including heart attack, stroke, and cancer.
The Science in Medicine Lecture will be simulcast at:
- Harborview Medical Center, Research & Training Building, room 117
- VA Puget Sound Health Care System: Seattle Division – Bldg. 1, room 518; Met Park West, Main Conference Room;
American Lake, Bldg. 24, room 142
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, room J2-108
- Seattle Children’s Hospital Research Institute Pearl Jam Building 1, Conference Room 806 (14)
- WSU Riverpoint Campus, Spokane Academic Center, room 147
Contact Anthony Salazar agt email@example.com for more information.