The UW Wind Ensemble and Symphonic, Concert, and Campus bands will perform works by Cecile Chaminade, Herbert L. Clarke, Jim Curnow, Percy Grainger, Edward Gregson, and John Mackey in a concert at 7:30 p.m. Monday, April 21, in Meany Theater.
The program includes:
UW Wind Ensemble, Timothy Salzman, conductor
- The Northwest premiere of “Concerto for Soprano Saxophone and Wind Ensemble,” by John Mackey, with faculty soloist Michael Brockman.
- First movement, “Tuba Concerto,” by Edward Gregson. Student Nate Lee is featured soloist.
Combined Concert and Campus Bands, Eric Smedley, conductor
- “Maid of the Mist,” by Herbert L. Clarke. Featured soloist is nine-year-old cornet player Natalie Dungey.
- “Ye Banks and Braes O’Bonnie Doon,” by Percy Grainger.
UW Symphonic Band, J. Bradley McDavid, conductor
- “Concerto for Euphonium and Band,” by Jim Curnow. Brandon Jones, Besson Euphonium Artist, is the featured soloist.
- “Concertino for Flute,” by Cecile Chaminade. Student Chung-Lin Lee is the featured soloist.
Tickets are $10 and are available at the Arts Ticket Office, 206-543-4880, or online at www.meany.org.