List of Available Videos
- IT Accessibility: What Campus Leaders Have to Say (2012)
University presidents, chief information officers, and other information technology (IT) leaders discuss the importance of IT accessibility on college campuses.
- DO-IT Scholars 2011 (2011, 2004)
DO-IT Scholars prepares high school students with disabilities for college and careers.
- Real Connections: Making Distance Learning Accessible to Everyone (2011, 2002)
Guidelines for designing courses to fully include all students
- Access to the Future: Preparing Students with Disabilities for Careers (2011, 2000)
College career development staff share ideas for making services and programs accessible to students with disabilities
- Finding Gold: Hiring the Best and the Brightest (2011, 1998)
Employers in work-based learning programs show how to fully include people with disabilities in their programs.
- It's Your Career (2011, 1997)
College students with disabilities gain work-based learning experience.
- STEM and People with Disabilities (2011)
Students with disabilities successfully pursue science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields with the assistance of accessible STEM programs.
- Returning from Service: College and IT Careers for Veterans (2010)
Veterans with disabilities and postsecondary administrators discuss strategies for encouraging veterans with disabilities to pursue computing and IT fields.
- World Wide Access: Accessible Web Design (2009)
How to make web pages accessible to people with disabilities
- DO-IT Scholar Profile: Nathan (2009)
A college freshman with a disability talks about his hobbies, academic studies, career goals, and accessible technology.
- DO-IT Scholar Profile: Maria (2009)
A college freshman with a disability discusses her academic interests, accessible technology, and finding the resources she needed to apply to college.
- DO-IT Scholar Profile: Mack (2009)
A high school senior with cerebral palsy talks about the importance of a positive outlook and how speech recognition software has helped with his schoolwork.
- DO-IT Scholar Profile: Heidi (2009)
A college student with Aspergers syndrome discusses starting a disability club and learning communication skills.
- DO-IT Scholar Profile: Alexandra (2009)
A college senior discusses her science major, career goals, and accommodations.
- Working Together: People with Disabilities and Computer Technology (2007)
Adaptive technology and computer applications for people with disabilities
- Working Together: Computers and People with Sensory Impairments (2007)
People with visual and hearing impairments demonstrate computer technology for school and work
- Working Together: Computers and People with Mobility Impairments (2007)
People with mobility impairments demonstrate computer access technology
- Working Together: Computers and People with Learning Disabilities (2007)
Students and workers with learning disabilities demonstrate computer-based tools and strategies
- Self-Examination: How Accessible Is Your Campus? (2007)
Guidelines for making a postsecondary institution welcoming and accessible to everyone.
- Part of Me, Not All of Me (2007)
Teens show that their disabilities do not define who they are.
- Invisible Disabilities and Postsecondary Education (2007)
How to accommodate students whose disabilities are not readily apparent, such as students with learning disabilities, attention deficits, autism spectrum disorders, and others.
- Equal Access: Universal Design of Computer Labs (2007)
How to make computer labs accessible to people with disabilities
- Taking Charge 3: Five Stories of Success and Self-Determination (2006)
Successful people with disabilities talk about living self-determined lives in high school, college, and careers.
- Taking Charge 2: Two Stories of Success and Self-Determination (2006)
Two high school students with disabilities talk about learning to live self-determined lives.
- Equal Access: Universal Design of Instruction (2006)
How to make instruction in a classroom or in a tutoring center accessible to all students.
- Equal Access: Science and Students with Sensory Impairments (2005)
Students and employees with sensory impairments share strategies for success
- DO-IT Pals: An Internet Community (2005)
Students talk about peer and mentor support in an online community for people with disabilities.
- How DO-IT Does It (2004)
See how DO-IT runs its programs to increase the success of young people with disabilities in college and careers
- Equal Access: Student Services (2004)
How to apply universal design principles to make postsecondary student services accessible to all students
- Equal Access: Campus Libraries (2004)
How to apply universal design principles to make libraries accessible to all visitors
- Access to Technology in the Workplace: In Our Own Words (2004)
People with disabilities talk about their use of accessible technology in the workplace.
- Computer Access: In Our Own Words (2002)
Students with disabilities demonstrate the uses of adaptive technology and computer applications
- Learn and Earn: Tips for Teens (2001)
Students with disabilities show how they benefit from work-based learning programs.
- Learn and Earn: Supporting Teens (2001)
Parents, teachers, and mentors encourage teens to participate in work-based learning
- Building the Team: Faculty, Staff, and Students Working Together (2001)
How to create an inclusive postsecondary learning environment
- Taking Charge 1: Three Stories of Success and Self-Determination (2000)
Testimonials from successful youth and adults with disabilities regarding living successful, self-determined lives
- STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics at the University of Washington (2000)
Students and faculty highlight exciting academic programs offered at the University of Washington
- DO-IT Receives a Golden Apple Award (2000)
Participants tell about the DO-IT Scholars program for high school students with disabilities
- Working Together: Science Teachers and Students with Disabilities (1998)
Students suggest ways to make science activities more accessible
- The Winning Equation: Access + Attitude = Success in Math and Science (1998)
Strategies for fully including students with disabilities in science and math activities
- Snapshots: The DO-IT Scholars (1998)
Participants tell about some of their favorite activities in the DO-IT Scholars Summer Study program
- Opening Doors: Mentoring on the Internet (1998)
Students develop supportive relationships with adult mentors on the Internet
- Moving On: The Two-Four Step (1998)
Tips for success in making a transition from a two- to four-year higher education institution.
- Camp: Beyond Summer (1997)
How to add Internet experiences to summer camp programs for children and youth with disabilities
- College: You Can DO-IT! (1996)
College students with disabilities and staff share advice for success in college
- Working Together: Faculty and Students with Disabilities (1995)
College students with disabilities and faculty share their experiences
- Scholars 1994 (1994)
DO-IT Scholars program in 1994, a historical piece.