What to expect during your visit at the Visitor Center
A UW student will be at the front desk to help you with any questions when you visit during in-person office hours. Please note that many offices and buildings on campus are still closed and/or operating remotely. If there is a specific office/department that you would like to connect with, we are happy to provide you with their contact information!
If you are you looking to register for an in-person campus tour, you can sign up here! For any questions about in-person campus tours, please contact our Office of Admissions, either through phone or email (email@example.com).
As part of our COVID-19 Prevention Plan, we have implemented additional office policies to ensure the safety of our visitors, students, staff, and faculty.
Anyone not following these COVID-19 prevention policies, may be asked to leave the Visitor Center office.
- Face coverings are recommended indoors regardless of vaccination status with the exception of settings where face coverings are required (e.g., UW Shuttles, heathcare, and patient care activities).
- While not required in most indoor settings, face coverings remain an important intervention against respiratory illnesses of all kinds and offer an additional layer of protection. Some people may choose to wear a mask out of consideration for people who may be at high risk in public settings, or if they want to further reduce their own risk for any reason. Please remember that individuals may need to or choose to wear — or not wear — masks for a wide range of reasons. Thank you for respecting those needs and choices.
- Please refer to the UW Face Covering Policy for additional details and FAQ.
- Based on state guidance, UW has lifted both indoor and outdoor distancing and COVID-19 capacity requirements, though distancing is still recommended for unvaccinated individuals.
- Our custodial team cleans the office weekly. Additional cleaning throughout the day is in place with an emphasis on highly touched surfaces.
- A hand sanitizer dispenser is available at the entrance of the Visitor Center office. A cleaning station with additional supplies and PPE is also available for visitors to use prior to entering the office.
- Food and drink can only be consumed outside of the Visitor Center office.
The Visitor Center office is located on the ground floor of Odegaard Undergraduate Library. You can only enter the ground floor through the west entrance and the south entrance.
- The entrances are only open during business hours. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Learn more about getting to campus here!