This final release for the SAGE Subawards Project includes priority items requested by preparers as well as some updates that will allow OSP to manage subrecipient profile data more effectively.
To make it easier for subaward preparers to cover absences and to allow for broader department review and access to subawards, you can now add additional users (beyond the three UW contacts) with either read/write or read-only access.
Expanded Subrecipient Profile
To improve OSP’s ability to report subaward information to sponsors and auditors, the following attributes have been added to the subrecipient profile in SAGE:
- Employer Identification Number (Federal Tax ID)
- DUNS and DUNS +4
Subrecipient Types have also been revamped to better align with reporting requirements.
Attachments Display Changes
- From a link on the Subaward Overview page, you can now view a consolidated list of attachments for the entire subaward.
- On the subaward request details page, the Attachments section now visually separates attachments that departmental subaward preparers uploaded from those that OSP did.
Using the Subawards section of SAGE and SPAERC will now be faster and more responsive, allowing you to accomplish what you need to get done with less waiting.
The Start and End Dates on subaward requests are now checked by the system to ensure they make sense within the context of the broader award and subaward. This will help alert you to any easy mistakes made when preparing a request.
- The SAGE tasklist now displays the most recent BPO number, rather than the one listed on the first request. Searching the tasklist will also now only return subawards where the most recent BPO matches your search criteria.
Subaward Overview Page
- A visual cue displays in the Request in Process section on the Subaward Overview page to make it easier for users to identify how to open the details of request.
- A new Modification Number field has been added, which will be populated by OSP in SPAERC but will be visible on the Subaward Overview page in SAGE as well. The Modification Number will confirm the sequence of changes to the subaward agreement.
- You’ll now see the BPO number associated with each request, within both the Requests In Process and Processed Requests section of the Subaward Overview, for easy reference.
The following updates were released on July 25th, 2013:
- The answer to the Ready to Submit question now displays on the SPAERC control sheet and the Attachments and Routing page for all application types.
- Navigational menus/links no longer display on popup windows such as auto-generated email draft windows.
- When the parent item of an Admin Action is changed, the Action text now reflects the appropriate Admin Action number.
- The SPAERC Task list now displays values for “Yes” and “N/A” in the Paper column.
- When updating FA, AA, and SC attachments the current description will display in the description field and be editable.
- Subcontracts will now appear on the Cycle Details page after every FA they are associated with, as they do on the Cycles Details flyout.
- Auto-generated document fields in SPAERC now have single spacing between lines of text entered.
- If an application’s initial sponsor is changed from RRF or to RRF, when the eGC1 is re-submitted, it will be appropriately re-assigned.
- Now you can directly re-parent an application which is the child of another application in the same cycle.
- For Grant Runner eGC1s that are connected to SAGE Budgets, the irrelevant Approved Attachments links have been removed from the History & Comments page and the Grants.gov Tracking History section of the GR Submission & Status page for actions associated with the submission steps (Name is Grants.gov).
- The “Change Action Type” drop down menu no longer includes “Post Award Change” as an option for FAs that have a parent (eGC1). This modification will enforce the parenting rules that have been established.
- On the Admin Actions’ Auto Generated Documents page, the email instructions label was changed to “SFI Compliance Notification”.
This article explains how to:
Both Funding Actions (FAs) and Admin Actions (AAs) have an Attachments section where you can upload and view documents.
For FAs, the Attachment section displays just above the OSP Notes History section, near the bottom of the page.
For AAs, the Attachment section displays at the end of the first page section.
The system will automatically attach a copy of any Auto-Generated Document you create for the FA or AA in this section.
SPAERC indicates the number of attachments for FAs just beneath the Attachments heading.
Note: Campus users can view the documents you attach to an action from the Related Documents section of the eGC1.
To attach a document
- Click the Lock icon to unlock the action, if needed.
- Click Add Attachment, and then enter a description for the attachment.
- Use the File Type drop-down menu to select the type of document you plan to attach.
- Then click Choose File to locate the file you want to attach, click the file name to select it.
- Click Upload to complete the process. The page will display information about the attachment and the system will update the attachment count.
Note: You can change the File Type after you have attached the document.
To view attached documents
Click the View link to the right of the attachment information to open the attachment in a new window.
To update an attached document
You can upload a new version of the document using the “update” function for the existing attachment. SPAERC maintains all of the attached versions of a document.
- Click Update to the right of the attached document you want to update. The File Type drop-down menu will automatically display the type of the document you are updating.
- Enter a description, browse to find the new document, and upload it. Only the updated version will display in the list of attachments.
- To see the earlier versions of a document, click the “+” to the left of the attachment description to expand the version history. Click the “-” button to contract it.
- you can update or delete only the most recent version of a document.
- When you update a document, the total attachment count doesn’t change.
To delete an attached document
- Click Delete to the right of the attached document you want to remove.