The UW provides guidance to ensure events, ceremonies, and gatherings are accessible.
Access to programs, services, and activities
Campus programs, services and activities strive to be inclusive and accessible. When possible event access information or features will be shared in advance, however participants are encouraged to seek additional information and request accommodations if needed. Contact the event coordinator or program administrator listed.
- Disability Services Offices supports members of the public access to events
- Accessible parking and transportation options on all campuses, including UW Medicine locations
- Accessible routes and wayfinding on each campus
Information for event coordinators
Individuals attending campus events must be given the opportunity to request accommodations within a specific time period. Timelines to request accommodations are allowable, but ensure your event promotions and publications are distributed well in advance.
Types of common accommodations include:
- Seating adjustments
- Portable amplification system
- Sign language interpreters
- Captioned media
- Alternative and/or digital formats of materials
When accommodation requests are made
As accommodation requests are submitted for your conference, training, service, or event, approve and implement what you are able to provide. If you have questions or concerns about implementing a request, or are considering saying no, then consult with the Disability Services Office (DSO).
Bothell and Tacoma may also consult with their DRS Students office as well: