Friday, Oct. 25, 2013 - Celebrate the UW’s 152nd birthday and keep the purple and gold tradition going strong by giving back. Join your fellow Huskies on campus, online and in the community for W Day!
Celebrate Purple on Red Square
Stop by Red Square from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 25, for W Day and Homecoming celebrations, including:
Promos & Discounts: Wear purple or UW-licensed apparel on Oct. 25 to be eligible for great offers from participating local stores and businesses.
- An exclusive live concert from Pickwick.
- Giveaways*, including free purple T-shirts, Homecoming buttons and cupcakes from Cupcake Royale. *One per person. While supplies last.
- Dollars for Dawgs—grab a hot dog and Coca-Cola product for a suggested donation. Whether you decide to give $1 or $152, donations will support the Husky Pride Fund. Thank you to Food Service of America for providing the hot dogs and beverages for this event.
- Homecoming pep rally with the Husky Marching Band, Coach Romar, Coach Neighbors and student athletes. Plus, meet the 2013 Homecoming Royalty Court!
- Activities on Red Square, including a photo booth, face painting, the Top Dawg Spirit Competition from ASUW and more.
Show your Husky spirit: Photo contests
Share your best purple-and-gold moments! Enter the W Day photo contest between Oct. 11 and Oct. 20. Submit your photos in the categories below for a chance to win great prizes.
- Future Huskies (Kids): Have a great photo of your kid (age 10 and under) donning Husky gear, throwing their “Dubs up” or otherwise showing Husky pride? Submit it.
- Top Dawg (Pets): While yes, we’re pretty partial to dogs, you can send in photos of any pet decked out in purple. A hamster with Husky spirit? A pot-bellied pig? Go for it.
- Husky Spirit: Really, the sky’s the limit here. Show us the most spirited UW photo you’ve got.
Winners will be chosen by popular vote (voting begins Oct. 21). For details and to enter, go to facebook.com/UofWA.
Contribute to the Husky Future
Honor the UW’s 152 years and give back to the Husky community by helping us reach the goal of 1,152 donors in 48 hours during Love Purple, Raise Gold, an online giving event beginning Oct. 23. Contribute to the purple and gold legacy with a gift of any size.
If you’re on campus, you can also contribute during Dollars for Dawgs. Enjoy a hot dog and a Coca-Cola product with a suggested donation. Whether you give $1 or $152, donations will support the Husky Pride Fund. Get ‘em before they’re gone, beginning at noon on Friday, Oct. 25, on Red Square.
Participate in Homecoming events
W Day is more than just a day—it’s an ongoing celebration of Huskies everywhere. Check out more ways to participate, wherever you are.
- Top Dawg Competition hosted by ASUW: Get a group together to compete in the Top Dawg Competition, taking place on Red Square at 1:45 p.m. on W Day. Groups have 60 seconds to show their Husky spirit in one of two categories: voice (song, chant, cheer, spoken word, etc.) or movement (dance, step, freestyle choreography, etc.). First place in each category wins $300 and second place claims $150. To participate, apply by Oct. 17 at 11:59 p.m.
- Dawg Dash: Join the UW community on Oct. 20 for a 10K run and 5K walk/run through the UW campus to benefit student scholarship programs.
- Homecoming football game: Cheer the Huskies to victory against Cal at the 2013 Homecoming game on Saturday, Oct. 26.
- Regional events: Celebrate purple at University of Washington Alumni Association events across the country – see what’s happening in your area!
Discounts and promotions
In honor of W Day and Homecoming, enjoy discounts at a number of local businesses. Wear purple or UW-licensed apparel to be eligible for these great offers on Friday, Oct. 25. Check back for new deals!
Apparel & accessories
- Aprie (U District location only) – 60% off sale items
- Buffalo Exchange (U District location only) – Coupon good for $5 off purchase of $20 or more
- Chico’s (U Village location only) – 10% off your purchase
- Margaret O’Leary (U Village location only) – 20% off of one full price Margaret O’Leary item
- Mercer (U Village location only) – 15% off all full price in-store merchandise
- Peek (U Village location only) – 15% off full-price items
- Red Light Vintage & Costume (U District) – 50% off used/vintage UW merchandise
- Something Silver (U Village location only) – 20% off total purchase; cannot be combined with other discounts
- Trina Pierre (U District location only) – 10% discount all purchases
- Tommy Bahama (U Village location only) – $20 off any in-store purchase of $100 or more* (*Promotional offer expires Oct. 25, 2013. Offer valid at Tommy Bahama University Village location only. One offer per guest. No cash value. Not redeemable on sales tax or for the purchase of gift cards. Cannot be combined with any other discount. Not valid on prior purchases. Offer void where prohibited.)
- Village Maternity - 20% off purchases
- The Woolly Mammoth (U District) – 20% off entire purchase
- Jet City Improv – $1 off the price of your ticket for every article of purple/UW clothing you wear to Twisted Flicks at 8 p.m. and Jet City Improv at 10:30 p.m. (up to six articles for a $6 discount). Plus all Dawgs get a free small popcorn.
- The Confectionery – 20% discount on purchases over $5
- Evolution Fresh (U Village location only) – 50% off full sized (16 fl oz) handcrafted juices and smoothies
- Fran’s Chocolates (U Village location only) – 7-piece gray and smoked salt caramels in UW Box for $10 (regular price $15)
- Pagliacci Pizza (University Ave location only) – Pizza slices for $1.52
- Red Mango (U Village location only) : 25% off all menu items
- Trophy Cupcakes (U Village location only) – 15% off purchases
Home, garden & gifts
- The Land of Nod (U Village location only) – 10% off purchases
- Mrs. Cooks - 20% off regular priced purchase, 10% off sale purchase
- MudBay (U Village location only) – 20% off all purchases (excluding food)
- Papyrus (U Village location only) – 20% off entire purchase
- Storables (U Village location only) – 20% discount
- Tiffany & Co. (U Village location only) – Complimentary in-store cleaning of up to three pieces of Tiffany & Co. sterling silver jewelry
- Yves Delorme (U Village location only) – 20% discount
Spa & beauty
- Aveda (U Village location only) – Receive a free stress fix hand treatment and a travel size gift
- Bartell Drugs (U Village location only) – 60% discount on Washington Huskies puzzle
- inSpa (U Village location only) – 15% off on all retail and services
- New Seattle Massage, Inc – 20% discount for students, free steam and sauna during visit
- SoundCare Chiropractic (U District) – Free chiropractic exam and x-rays (if needed)
- Microsoft Store (U Village location only) – 10% discount on software and 5% discount on other products (some restrictions apply; visit store for details)