When you have finished the setup, selecting Update Periods will display the Update Periods modal.
Values entered in the setup step for Description and UW Sub-Object Code are displayed here for reference.
The name of the period and its date range will display at the top of the period column.
The Quantity and Price fields default to the value of zero (0).
Enter your quantity and price information for this line item for the appropriate period(s). For example, 40 items at $35 each. The totals will recalculate when you click the Save icon.
At this point you can do either of the following:
- Select Save and Return to Worksheet to save your data, close the Update Periods modal and return to the worksheet.
- Select Line Setup link to save your data and return to the Line Setup modal where you can edit any of the values, as needed.
This line item is used for consultant travel, freight charges, or membership dues.
To add research subject reimbursement or technical research services, use the (02) Service Contracts line.
Clicking the (03) Other Contractual Services link and then the Add Other Contractual Services button will open the setup modal.
The Setup modal displays with the Description and UW Sub-Object fields populated with default values.
The Cascade Entries checkbox will be checked if you chose “Cascade entries on non-salary items” on the Properties tab. If not, you can choose to use it for this specific line item.
Enter a description of the service to be provided and select the appropriate sub-object code. For guidance on sub-object codes, see Object Codes for Expenditures (For the Financial Accounting System–FAS).
Note: If you enabled Targets & Limits and established Other Contractual Services as an Auto-Adjusting line, you will see additional fields on its page in place of the Cascade Entries box.
- Period Minimum: Defines the minimum allowable sum for this budget line item.
- Period Maximum: Defines the maximum allowable sum for this budget line item.
- Priority: Defines the order in which funds will be allocated across line items based on your budget target, with funds going to Priority 1 items first.
On the worksheet, a TL icon, in place of the Delete Line button, identifies these line items.