June 26, 2014
Notice of Expedited Rule Making
Notice of Expedited Rule Making (Per RCW 34.05.353)
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: Housekeeping amendments to
various Title 478 WAC rules.
Statutory Authority for Adoption and Statute Being Implemented: RCW 28B.20.130.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: Housekeeping changes to Title 478 WAC rules are intended to keep the University’s rules accurate and up to date; these include:
- Amendments that “clarify language of a rule without changing its effect” are made in WAC 478-04-040 (to eliminate an outdated article number); WAC 478-108-010 (to better identify specific statutes and rules); WAC 478-124-030 (to better identify applicable jurisdictions); WAC 478-124-040 (to apply gender-neutral language); WAC 478-136-035 and 478-137-050 (to clarify definition by statute and local rule language); WAC 478-156-016 (to clarify language provided as example); WAC 478-160-055, 478-160-105, and 478-324-130 (to clarify current practices); WAC 478-160-060 (to clarify scope of rule); WAC 478-160-100 (to update current states in program).
- Amendments that “make address or name changes” are made in WAC 478-120-025, 478-120-030, 478-120-050, 478-120-065, 478-120-075, 478-120-085, 478-120-095, 478-120-140, 478-120-145, 478-136-035, 478-156-016, 478-160-231, 478-168-180, and 478-168-325.
- An amendment that will “only correct typographical errors” is made in WAC 478-124-035.
- An amendment that will “adopt or incorporate by reference without material change… rules of other Washington state agencies” is made in WAC 478-324-020.
- Repeal of WAC 478-04-030 is made as “other rules of the agency… govern the same activity as the rule, making the rule redundant.”
Note: Some WAC sections contain more than one type of housekeeping change.
NOTICE: THIS RULE IS BEING PROPOSED UNDER AN EXPEDITED RULE-MAKING PROCESS THAT WILL ELIMINATE THE NEED FOR THE AGENCY TO HOLD PUBLIC HEARINGS, PREPARE A SMALL BUSINESS ECONOMIC IMPACT STATEMENT, OR PROVIDE RESPONSES TO THE CRITERIA FOR A SIGNIFICANT LEGISLATIVE RULE. IF YOU OBJECT TO THIS USE OF THE EXPEDITED RULE-MAKING PROCESS, YOU MUST EXPRESS YOUR OBJECTIONS IN WRITING AND THEY MUST BE SENT TO:
Name: Rebecca Goodwin Deardorff
Director of Rules Coordination
Agency: University of Washington
Address: Rules Coordination Office
Seattle, WA 98195-1210
AND RECEIVED BY August 9, 2014.