City/University Community Advisory Committee (CUCAC)
CUCAC consists of a membership of 16 representatives appointed by surrounding communities and the UW. The committee meets on the second Tuesday of every month.
The purpose of the Community Advisory Committee shall be to:
- Advise the City and the University on the orderly physical development of the greater University area;
- Encourage the provision of adequate City services to the University and adjacent community and business areas;
- Assist the University and City in preserving the many positive aspects of the University’s presence in the community;
- Review and comment upon potential adverse effects of removing aspects of University programs from the University campus; and,
- Assist in the protection of the adjacent community and business areas from the adverse effects of University and City actions.
Read the CUCAC by-laws