Grant Runner Form Updates
Grants.Gov will be releasing new versions of select forms by end of October, primarily due to some forms reaching their expiration dates. Two Grant Runner forms will be updated as a result: RR Detailed Budget and RR Subaward Budget. The RR Detailed Budget will display a new “Total Costs and Fees” calculation for each period, and for the cumulative budget. This will be visible for any opportunities utilizing version 1.4 of the RR budget form.
Human Subjects Questions
CRBB has provided improved language and helpful alerts surrounding the HS-1-B compliance question. If you answer YES to HS-1, the HS-1-B compliance question appears. It will ask you about the use of UW Medicine Health System clinical services, procedures or tests in regards to human subjects use, and provides additional details intended to help you answer the question more easily.
SAGE Training Site Update
The subawards section of SAGE Training site now allows anyone iwith a UW NetID to create test subawards records. Keep in mind, the SAGE “Live” environment still requires the Subaward Preparer ASTRA role.
SPAERC List/Edit OSP Administrators admin tool not working
The SPAERC List/Edit OSP Administrators admin tool has been updated to fix a rendering problem when selecting personnel. This update was released as a patch on 10/12/2016.
FFATA response on subawards reverting to NULL upon submission of request
An issue has been resolved that was causing the response to the “FFATA Reporting Required” question on subawards to revert to blank/NULL upon submission or resubmission of a child request.
Place of Performance Country/City defaulting to Afghanistan/Alabama
An issue has been resolved that was causing the Place of Performance Country and City on subaward requests to default to the initial value in each list, rather than blank/NULL.
Start and End Dates on subaward requests populating from FA rather than subaward
An issue has been resolved that was causing the Start and End dates on subaward requests to default to the dates on the related FA rather than on the subaward.
Start Date not displaying for Subaward Modifications in SPAERC
An issue has been resolved that was causing the Start Date to not display on the Subaward task list in SPAERC for modification requests.
Grant Runner: PHS Assignment Request Form
The new PHS Assignment Request Form, introduced with the Forms-D changes, is now available in Grant Runner. This new form will be available to all applications in progress as well as new Grant Runner applications where applicable.
Applications: FCOI JIT Process Change
- With the creation of a new Just-In-Time flag being added to the Pre-Award Notification, the Just-In-Time button in the application Sponsor Decision window has been removed.
- The FCOI Just-In-Time email notification has been updated to send upon a new JIT flag being set on a Pre-Award Notification, or, upon the creation of a Funding Action. The primary contacts on the eGC1 will now only receive the FCOI JIT email once, rather than anytime the contacts listed on the eGC1 change.
Grant Runner Applications – Print Preview of Grants.gov Forms
In order to provide OSP reviewers with an alternative way of viewing Grant Runner forms, a PDF print preview feature has been added to the upper task bar of each Grant Runner form, merging the data into the familiar Grants.Gov form. Users may find this a helpful way of viewing Grant Runner forms and eGC1 details side-by-side.
At this time, users can print the Grant Runner forms individually. ORIS is working on a feature that will allow for printing of the entire Grant Runner form set in a single PDF. That feature will be released at a later date.
Please note there is a known defect with the PDF not showing attachment names. Until this issue is resolved, users should refer to the SPAERC Grant Runner form to open and view attachments.
- The eGC1 Preparer will now be included as a recipient of the following auto-generated email notifications:
- Application Review Notice
- Notice of Award
- Request for Activation Notice for Fellowships
Funding Actions (FA)
- In order to apply the uniform guidance requirements with more clarity and consistency, the Sponsor Award Date on the Funding Action is now required prior to it being sent to GCA.
Pre-Award Notifications (PAN)
- A new Notification Type of “Just-In-Time” has been added to the PAN so that OSP staff can correctly identify the content of the sponsor fundable score notification received, and facilitate earlier communication of just-in-time to other compliance offices such as the Office of Animal Welfare (OAW).
- A new Subcontract Title field has been added to Subcontract shell so that the OSP Subcontracts team can more easily identify particular subcontracts by name, and to facilitate future automation of federal reporting.
- The Subcontracts tasklist can be sorted and filtered by the new Subcontract Title field.
- A new Subcontract Action type of “Non-Contractual Revision” has been added to identify those SAs related to PAS/ARIBA transitions.
The following updates were released on July 25th, 2013:
- The answer to the Ready to Submit question now displays on the SPAERC control sheet and the Attachments and Routing page for all application types.
- Navigational menus/links no longer display on popup windows such as auto-generated email draft windows.
- When the parent item of an Admin Action is changed, the Action text now reflects the appropriate Admin Action number.
- The SPAERC Task list now displays values for “Yes” and “N/A” in the Paper column.
- When updating FA, AA, and SC attachments the current description will display in the description field and be editable.
- Subcontracts will now appear on the Cycle Details page after every FA they are associated with, as they do on the Cycles Details flyout.
- Auto-generated document fields in SPAERC now have single spacing between lines of text entered.
- If an application’s initial sponsor is changed from RRF or to RRF, when the eGC1 is re-submitted, it will be appropriately re-assigned.
- Now you can directly re-parent an application which is the child of another application in the same cycle.
- For Grant Runner eGC1s that are connected to SAGE Budgets, the irrelevant Approved Attachments links have been removed from the History & Comments page and the Grants.gov Tracking History section of the GR Submission & Status page for actions associated with the submission steps (Name is Grants.gov).
- The “Change Action Type” drop down menu no longer includes “Post Award Change” as an option for FAs that have a parent (eGC1). This modification will enforce the parenting rules that have been established.
- On the Admin Actions’ Auto Generated Documents page, the email instructions label was changed to “SFI Compliance Notification”.