Online Journal Access (EBSCO)
UWAA members have online access to the EBSCO Academic Search Alumni Edition database, which provides access to over 3,000 academic journals in full text, plus indexing for 13,667 more. Whether you are pursuing serious research or just satisfying your curiosity, you’ll find this wealth of information invaluable.
Here are a few highlights of this benefit:
- Access to more than 3,000 full-text academic journals in nearly every area of academic study including biology, chemistry, engineering, physics, psychology, religion and theology, and more. Full-text titles include Nature, the Nature Reviews series (Nature Reviews Cancer, Nature Reviews Genetics, Nature Reviews Immunology, etc.) and Inventiones Mathematica—though release of issues of some journals may be delayed to conform to publisher requirements.
- Indexing and abstracting for more than 8,200 journals, including the New England Journal of Medicine and Science.
- 87% of the titles available are peer-reviewed publications.
- Access to popular magazine titles like National Geographic and Popular Science.
- NEW: Introducing the Business Source Alumni Edition, with more than 1,390 full-text business magazines and journals. Business Source Alumni Edition includes publications in nearly every area of business including marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance, econometrics and economics. There are also over 29,000 full-text records which include national economic reports, industry reports, market research reports, company profiles and more.
- NEW: Business Book Summaries, with over 1,800 book summaries and brief abstracts. There are summaries for thousands of the top business books from the last 20 years, with new books added daily.
- NEW: CINAHL is the authoritative resource for nursing and allied health professionals, students, educators and researchers. CINAHL® provides indexing for more than 3,000 journals from the fields of nursing and allied health. The database contains more than 2.9 million records dating back to 1981. Offering complete coverage of English-language nursing journals and publications from the National League for Nursing and the American Nurses’ Association, CINAHL® covers nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines. In addition, this database offers access to health care books, nursing dissertations, selected conference proceedings, standards of practice, educational software, audiovisuals and book chapters. Full-text material includes more than 70 journals plus legal cases, clinical innovations, critical paths, drug records, research instruments and clinical trials.
A complete list of publications can be found here:
How to get your benefit
Log in or join the UWAA