lf you are having difficulty with a person, office, or department at the University of Washington on the basis of your disability and have been unable to come to a resolution, dedicated resources and processes are available. The ADA Coordinator can provide information, assistance, and referrals to individuals who wish to raise a complaint or have concerns related to accessibility and accommodations, or possible discrimination due to a disability.
(206) 543-9717 (voice and relay)
University Dispute Resolution
- Human Resources offers options to employees for dispute resolution
- Disability Resources for Students offers options to students for dispute resolution
- Student Accommodation Reconsideration offers students an option to appeal a DRS determination
- Instructional Personnel Accommodation Reconsideration offers faculty an option to appeal a DRS determination
University Grievance Procedures
- University Complaint Investigation and Resolution Office (UCIRO) is responsible for investigating complaints that a University employee has violated the University’s policies relating to the ADA/Rehabilitation Act and relevant federal, state, and local laws.
- Patient Rights & Responsibilities is responsible for patient care complaints as well as formal investigations of discrimination under the Affordable Care Act Section 1557 for UW Medical Centers, Harborview Medical Center, and Neighborhood Clinics.
External Grievance Options
Complaints may also be filed with the following state or federal agencies: