Activity Card No. 1
Make Your Own Metamorphic Rock
1. Go to the supply table and take 2 pieces of waxed paper and 3 pieces of taffy.
2. Take one piece of waxed paper, unwrap the taffy, stack and place it on the paper.
3. Put the second piece of waxed paper on top.
4. Using the palm of your hand press down on the taffy until the three pieces blend together.
5. Don't eat your metamorphic rock!
6. Draw a picture of what your taffy looked like when you unwrapped it.
7. Draw a picture of what it looked like after you changed it.
8. Write about how it changed.
Thanks to Susan Frack for the idea.
Raymond Central High School
Student Task !
|main menu||rock cycle|
|world outside||teacher resources||test yourself|