Sexual Assault Resources
Get support and/or report sexual assault
This website provides victims of sexual violence with important online resources that reflect the UW’s commitment to preventing and responding to sexual misconduct, including sexual assault, relationship violence, domestic violence, stalking and sexual harassment.
Here you will find ways to get confidential support, how to address safety concerns, where to receive medical care and counseling and information on reporting sexual assault.
If a friend has experienced sexual misconduct, there are ways you can provide support.
Creating a cultural shift
- Acknowledges that the vast majority of sexual assaults are perpetrated by a person or persons known to the victim.
- Recognizes the complex and often co-occurring relationship between alcohol and drugs and sexual assault.
- Challenges the propensity for victim-blaming.
- Promotes the acceptance of – and affirms each individual’s right to – a broad spectrum of sexual choices.
- Understands and clearly defines the meaning and nature of consent.