When you have finished the setup, selecting Update Periods will display the Update Period modal.
Values entered in the setup step for the Description, UW Sub-Object Code, and Destination are displayed here for reference.
The name of the period and its date range will display at the top of the period column.
The Quantity and Price fields for each period will default to the value of zero (0).
Enter your quantity and price information for this line item for the appropriate period(s). For example, 2 trips at $1,500 each. The Period Subtotal and Total will recalculate when you click the Save icon.
At this point you can do either of the following:
- Select Save and Return to Worksheet to save your data, close the Update Periods modal and return to the worksheet
- Select Line Setup to save your data and return to the Line Setup modal where you can edit any of the values, as needed.
This line item is used for air fare, car rental, in- and out-of-state per diem, as well as international travel, and cash advance expenses.
Clicking the (04) Travel link and then the Add Travel button will open the setup modal.
The Setup modal displays with the Description, UW Sub-Object Code, and Destination fields populated with default values.
The Cascade Entries checkbox will be checked if you chose “Cascade entries on non-salary items” on the Properties tab. If not, you can choose to use it for this specific line item.
Enter a Description for the planned travel, and then select an appropriate Sub-Object Code from the drop-down menu.
Choose Domestic or Foreign from the Destination drop-down menu.
You can use the optional Note field to add any relevant information for this entry.
For guidance on sub-object codes, see Object Codes for Expenditures (For the Financial Accounting System–FAS).
Note: If you enabled Targets & Limits and are establishing Travel as an Auto-Adjusting line, you will see additional fields in place of the Cascade Entries box.
- Period Minimum defines the minimum allowable sum for this budget line item.
- Period Maximum defines the maximum allowable sum for this budget line item.
- Priority defines the order in which funds will be allocated across line items based on your budget target, with funds going to Priority 1 items first.
On the worksheet, a TL icon, in place of the Delete Line button, identifies these line items.