When you have finished the setup, selecting Update Periods will display the Update Periods modal. The Quantity and Price fields default to the value of zero (0).
The name of the period and its date range will display at the top of the period column.
Values entered in the setup step for the Description and UW Sub-Object Code are displayed here for reference.
Enter your quantity and price information for the appropriate period(s). For example, 4 items at $1,500 each. The totals will recalculate when you click the Save icon.
At this point you can do either of the following:
- Select Save and Return to Worksheet to save your data, close the Update Periods modal and return to the worksheet
- Select Line Setup to save your data and return to the Line Setup modal where you can edit any of the values, as needed.
This line item is used for costs for the design and construction of buildings. These expenses include land acquisition, design, project management, and site work. They also include art work, fixed equipment, and furnishings.
Clicking the (10) Capital Projects link and then the Add Capital Project button will open the setup modal.
The setup modal displays with the Description and UW Sub-Object Code populated with default values.
The Cascade Entries checkbox will be checked if you chose “Cascade entries on non-salary items” on the Properties tab. If not, you can choose to use it for this specific line item.
Enter a Description for the project, and then select an appropriate Sub-Object Code from the drop-down menu.
You can use the optional Note field to add any relevant information for this entry.
For a complete list of UW Sub-Object Codes while in SAGE, click the F&A tab on the worksheet then click the Show read-only F&A object codes link at the bottom of the page. For guidance on sub-object codes, see Object Codes for Expenditures (For the Financial Accounting System–FAS).
Note: If you enabled Targets & Limits and are establishing Travel as an Auto-Adjusting line, you will see additional fields in place of the Cascade Entries box.
- Period Minimum defines the minimum allowable sum for this budget line item.
- Period Maximum defines the maximum allowable sum for this budget line item.
- Priority defines the order in which funds will be allocated across line items based on your budget target, with funds going to Priority 1 items first.
On the worksheet, a TL icon, in place of the Delete Line button, identifies these line items.