The 16th Annual Harborview Staff Fine Art Exhibition is on display now through July 1, in the Cafeteria Atrium, Level B, in the West Hospital of Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
We are sometimes surprised to learn that our colleagues have such talents, since we know them first as dedicated, hardworking and professional caregivers. We are not surprised, however, by the expressions of compassion and humanity evident in their paintings, drawings, photographs and sculptures, as these are the forces that join us all together at Harborview, inspiring us every day. “
Peggy Weiss, art program manager for Harborview, mentioned that her colleagues are asked to write briefly about their experience as artists, and what inspires them creatively.
The participating visual artists and their units at Harborview Medical Center are:
- Kenn Arning, Mailing Services
- Helen Barler, Operating Room
- Denise Bendiksen, Health Information Management
- Judith Chandler, Parking & Public Safety
- Theresa Davis, Finance
- Annette Fallin, Radiology
- Fred Holcomb, Ambulatory Surgery
- Yulia Ivashkov, Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
- Ashley Jones, Nutrition Services
- Martha Lane, Acute Care Float Pool
- Edwin Loftus, Facilities & Engineering
- Stephen Edwin Lundgren, The Resource Center
- Sam Magnotto, Psychiatry Intensive Care Unit
- Anne German Moon, Acute Care Float Pool
- Tom Phelan, Facilities & Engineering
- David J. Pierson, Medicine/Pulmonary & Critical Care
- Cheryl Quesnell, Office of the Medical Director
- Richard Reusser, Radiation MRI
- Sharon Romm, Psychiatry
- Rick Schump, Operating Room
- Grace Skrobisz, Patient Care Services
- Mary Stroeing, Acute Care Float Pool
- Jerry Wade, Facilities & Engineering
As part of its arts program, Harborview has many other works on permanent display throughout the medical center.
“Our diverse collections,” Whalen observed, “reflect the healing power of artistic expression and contribute directly to the environment of care and comfort we all work together to achieve.”
Learn more about the Harborview Art Program and view some of the collections online.