Two Years to Two Decades Initiative
Sustainable Academic Business Plan
The UW of the 21st Century is:
Read the full visioning document, the The UW of the 21st Century.
The Sustainable Academic Business is the cornerstone of the UW’s strategic framework to maintain excellence in teaching, scholarship, and research in light of financial realities. It outlines the goals and related activities that will keep the UW strong and well-positioned for the future.
Launched in 2010 under the umbrella project of Two Years to Two Decades (2y2d), the Sustainable Academic Business (SAB) Plan is based on the vision of more than 3,500 student, faculty, and staff who participated in 2y2d focus groups to imagine The UW of the 21st Century (visioning document). Based on this vision, the provost and campus leaders developed this SAB Plan to be an evolving framework of long- and short-term goals. It guides workgroups across the campus for implementing the 2y2d vision in the near-term, identifying gaps and launching initiatives to fill them. The SAB Plan is regularly updated, most recently in spring 2014.
Quality comes first in long and short-term goals:
The UW can…
- Academic excellence and mission
- Financial stability
- Attract the best students, faculty, and staff
- Increase and diversify funding
- Embrace technology and interdisciplinary collaboration to meet needs of a diverse and dispersed student body
- Invest in people and infrastructure to meet 21st century challenges
- Increasing revenue
- Decreasing costs
- Investing in people
- Investing in infrastructure
- Increasing access