The UW of the 21st Century is:
Read the full visioning document, the The UW of the 21st Century.
The Sustainable Academic Business is a framework to maintain excellence in teaching, scholarship, and research while dealing with financial realities. It outlines the strategic goals and related activities that will keep us strong and well-positioned for the 21st century.
- Academic excellence and mission
- Financial stability
- Attract the best students, faculty, and staff
- Increase and diversify funding
- Embrace technology and interdisciplinary collaboration to meet needs of a diverse and dispersed student body
- Invest in people and infrastructure to meet 21st century challenges
Quality comes first
Launched in 2010 under the umbrella project of Two Years to Two Decades (2y2d), the Sustainable Academic Business Plan based on the vision of more than 3,500 student, faculty, and staff who participated in 2y2d focus groups to imagine The UW of the 21st Century (visioning document). The plan is an evolving framework of long- and short-term goals that guides workgroups across the campus. Therefore, it is represented by diagrams, such as the one below, rather than by a text document.
The Sustainable Academic Business Plan Steering Committee began meeting in summer 2010 and proposed and initiated a number of activities during the 2010–2011, 2011–2012, and 2012–2013 academic years.
- SABP Committees and Working Groups (organizational chart)
- Sustainable Academic Business Plan Activities