UW Strategic Planning
Sustainable Academic Business Plan
The Sustainable Academic Business is the cornerstone of the UW’s strategic framework to maintain excellence in teaching, scholarship and research in light of financial realities. It outlines the goals and related activities that will keep the UW strong and well-positioned for the future.
The UW must…
- Academic excellence and mission
- Financial stability
- Attract the best students, faculty, and staff
- Increase and diversify funding
- Embrace technology and interdisciplinary collaboration to meet the needs of a diverse and dispersed student body
- Invest in people and infrastructure to meet 21st century challenges
- Increasing revenue
- Decreasing costs
- Investing in people
- Investing in infrastructure
- Increasing access
A Flexible Framework
The Sustainable Academic Business Plan is a nimble framework, represented by the diagram below:
View the PDF version of this image.
Delivering near-term impact through initiatives
Based on a gap analysis, seven initiatives [link to initiatives page] have been launched to date, focusing on improving the student experience, collaboration, teaching and learning, organizational effectiveness, our physical and virtual campus, program evaluation, innovation, and assessment. Five are ongoing; the rest were integrated into the work of relevant units. See timeline for key initiative and program developments.