The Sustainable Academic Business is the cornerstone of the UW’s strategic framework to maintain excellence in teaching, scholarship and research in light of financial realities. It outlines the goals and related activities that will keep the UW strong and well-positioned for the future.
For more information on the origin of the UW’s SABP, see the Evolution & Archive and About pages or download a high-level overview of 2y2d and the UW strategic framework.
Goals of the strategic framework
- Academic excellence and mission
- Financial stability
- Attract the best students, faculty, and staff
- Increase and diversify funding
- Embrace technology and interdisciplinary collaboration to meet the needs of a diverse and dispersed student body
- Invest in people and infrastructure to meet 21st century challenges
- Increasing revenue
- Decreasing costs
- Investing in people
- Investing in infrastructure
- Increasing access
A flexible framework
The Sustainable Academic Business Plan serves as the UW’s strategic framework and is updated every two years. Initiatives update annually.
View as a PDF.
Delivering near-term impact through initiatives
Since 2011, the focus of our implementation has been at the initiative level. Based on a gap analysis, a number of initiatives have been launched to date on themes including student success, organizational effectiveness, our physical and virtual campus, program evaluation, innovation and assessment. Some are ongoing, while others have been integrated into the work of relevant units.