eLearning, live classes, and training resources designed to help you navigate the new Award Setup and Modification request processes in SAGE. Learn more at UWFT for the Research Community.
Award Modifications in SAGE Job Aid
Detailed instructions for creating and routing Award Modifications in SAGE.
Award Setup and Tracking in SAGE eLearning
In depth instruction on SAGE Awards usage, including:
- Creating Award Setup Requests
- Monitoring Award Requests
SAGE Award Setup Workflow Video
An overview of the SAGE Award Setup workflow.
What’s Changing in SAGE? Video
A high-level overview of changes coming to SAGE, including SAGE Award Setup Requests, Cost Centers, SAGE Budget and Award Lines, and more!
SAGE Budget Classes
With UWFT, campus units are required to use SAGE Budget for award setup. The SAGE Budget class provides an overview of how to establish budget settings, add personnel and costs, create sub budgets, and link budgets to an eGC1. Learn more and register.
Upcoming SAGE Budget Classes:
SAGE Office Hours
In response to requests for advanced SAGE Budget resources, we’ll be offering virtual SAGE Budget office hours twice a month. Drop in and ask our SAGE experts any questions you might have, get help setting up your complex budgets, and learn how SAGE Budget can work for you.
Upcoming Office Hours:
- Thursday, November 2, 11 a.m.-noon
- Thursday, November 16, 1-2 p.m.
- Thursday, November 30, 11 a.m.-noon
SAGE Budget eLearning
A new self-paced SAGE Budget eLearning resource is now available for your exploration. This companion piece to the live SAGE Budget course allows you to learn/reference all aspects of SAGE Budget via lectures with demonstrations. Content covered is similar to that in the live class but highly flexible in that you can search for and view specific content as you need it.
NOTE: This resource is not a substitution for the live course and does not count toward fulfilling certificate requirements.
Organization Code to Cost Center Job Aid
Cost Centers have replaced Financial Organization Codes (Org Codes) across the SAGE Suite. For more information, please review Organization Code to Cost Center Job Aid. If you have questions or run into issues, please review the following table to better understand possible causes and assist SAGE Customer Support (email@example.com) staff with resolving your issue: SAGE Org Code to Cost Center Support.
Additional SAGE Budget Training Resources
- SAGE Budget User Guides: In-depth documentation on all aspects of SAGE Budget.
- SAGE Budget Job Aid: A step-by-step guide on creating and managing budgets in SAGE.
- SAGE Budget Training Site: The SAGE Budget training site offers a “sandbox” for you to explore and experiment with SAGE Budget without affecting production data. Once you are ready to create a real SAGE Budget for routing, visit the production site.
NOTE: SAGE Budget requires a UW NetID to log in and at least one authorized role. If you are new to using SAGE and need access, visit Accessing SAGE for more information.
- Subscribe to the MRAM mailing list to stay informed of timely and relevant research administration information. Keep an eye out for our quarterly “Research Community Guide to UWFT” that compiles information and resources you need now to help prepare for the changes coming with UWFT.
- Subscribe to the ORIS mailing list for information on SAGE maintenance, feature releases, and system availability.
Monthly Research Administration Meeting (MRAM)
- MRAM is open to staff interested in research award administration at the UW. In addition to other research administration topics, we share relevant UWFT information at MRAM. Visit the MRAM website for more information.