The UW’s Rules Coordination Office oversees the University’s rule-making process, including the review, creation, amendment, and repeal of the UW’s Washington Administrative Code rules (Title 478 WAC). In carrying out this function, the office works with the UW unit promulgating the rule, the Attorney General’s Office, and the Office of the Board of Regents for final adoption. In addition, the office maintains the UW rule-making docket; plans and facilitates public hearings; produces the required legal notices for the press; and publishes the WAC chapters in the UW Policy Directory.
The Rules Coordination Office also coordinates policy codification, reviews and approvals, and publication of the Administrative Policy Statements, the Board of Regents Governance, Presidential Orders, the Faculty Code and Governance, and the Student Governance and Policies. The office assists in the development, review, and maintenance of these orders and policies for the University, and serves as a consultant to the University’s administration and departments for documentation of University-wide policies and rules.
- "University of Washington Sponsorship Policy," new November 12, 2013 (Executive Order No. 15)
- "Emergency Management," revised November 5, 2013 (Administrative Policy Statement 13.1)
- "Information Security Controls and Operational Practices," revised October 28, 2013 (Administrative Policy Statement 2.6)
- "Research with Human Participants," revised October 11, 2013 (Executive Order No. 24)
- "Alcoholic Beverage Policy," amended effective August 15, 2013 (WAC 478-136-041)
- "University Organization Chart," revised August 14, 2013 (Administrative Policy Statement 1.1)
- "The Vice President for Student Life," revised May 1, 2013 [Effective July 29, 2013] (Executive Order No. 10)
- "Alcohol and Drug Abuse Policy," revised July 23, 2013 (Administrative Policy Statement 13.7)
- "Student Conduct Code for the University of Washington," multiple sections amended effective July 20, 2013 (Chapter 478-120 WAC)
- "Conduct on Campus Code—Prohibited Conduct," amended effective July 20, 2013 (WAC 478-124-020)
- "Role and Mission of the University," revised July 11, 2013 (Regent Policy No. 5)
- "Documentation of Qualifications and Recommendations for Promotion, Tenure, and Merit Increases," revised July 3, 2013 (Executive Order No. 45)