Rules Coordination Office
The UW’s Rules Coordination Office oversees the University’s rule-making process, including the review, creation, amendment, and repeal of the UW’s Washington Administrative Code rules (Title 478 WAC). In carrying out this function, the office works with the UW unit promulgating the rule, the Attorney General’s Office, and the Office of the Board of Regents for final adoption. In addition, the office maintains the UW rule-making docket; plans and facilitates public hearings; produces the required legal notices for the press; and publishes the WAC chapters in the UW Policy Directory.
The Rules Coordination Office also coordinates policy codification, reviews and approvals, and publication of the Administrative Policy Statements, the Board of Regents Governance, Presidential Orders, the Faculty Code and Governance, and the Student Governance and Policies. The office assists in the development, review, and maintenance of these orders and policies for the University, and serves as a consultant to the University’s administration and departments for documentation of University-wide policies and rules.
- "Supplementary Provisions Regarding Sexual Misconduct," new June 30, 2015 (WAC 478-120-137)
- "Oversight Responsibility for Regent-Level Capital Projects," new June 4, 2015 (Administrative Order No. 8)
- "Outside Professional Work Policy," revised May 20, 2015 (Executive Order No. 57)
- "Committees of the Board," revised May 14, 2015 (Board of Regents Governance, Bylaws, Article IV)
- "Advisory Committees of the Board of Regents," revised May 14, 2015 (Board of Regents Governance, Standing Orders, Chapter 4)
- "Resolution of Complaints Against University Employees," revised April 17, 2015 (Administrative Policy Statement 46.3)
- "Serving and Sale of Alcoholic Beverages at University Facilities," revised April 13, 2015 (Administrative Policy Statement 13.9)
- "Acceptance of Gifts or Contributions from Representatives of the Alcoholic Beverage Industry," revised April 13, 2015 (Administrative Policy Statement 47.5)
- "University of Washington Server Policy," revised February 26, 2015 (Administrative Policy Statement 17.1)
- "Technology Transfer," revised February 13, 2015 (Administrative Policy Statement 59.4)