Rules Coordination Office
The UW’s Rules Coordination Office oversees the University’s rule-making process, including the review, creation, amendment, and repeal of the UW’s Washington Administrative Code rules (Title 478 WAC). In carrying out this function, the office works with the UW unit promulgating the rule, the Attorney General’s Office, and the Office of the Board of Regents for final adoption. In addition, the office maintains the UW rule-making docket; plans and facilitates public hearings; produces the required legal notices for the press; and publishes the WAC chapters in the UW Policy Directory.
The Rules Coordination Office also coordinates policy codification, reviews and approvals, and publication of the Administrative Policy Statements, the Board of Regents Governance, Presidential Orders, the Faculty Code and Governance, and the Student Governance and Policies. The office assists in the development, review, and maintenance of these orders and policies for the University, and serves as a consultant to the University’s administration and departments for documentation of University-wide policies and rules.
- "UW Health and Safety Committees," revised December 19, 2014 (Administrative Policy Statement No. 10.11)
- "University Organization Chart," revised December 16, 2014 (Administrative Policy Statement No. 1.1)
- "University Wide Leadership List," revised December 16, 2014 (Administrative Policy Statement No. 1.2)
- "Business and Financial Affairs," revised December 12, 2014 (Administrative Order No. 1)
- "The Senior Vice President for Planning and Management," new December 12, 2014 (Administrative Order No. 7)
- "University Government Relations and Lobbying Elected Officials," revised October 27, 2014 (Administrative Policy Statement 1.3)
- "Alcoholic Beverage Policy," amended July 17, 2014 (WAC 478-136-041)
- "Limitations on Use," amended July 17, 2014 (WAC 478-137-050)
- "Authority to Publish and Coordinate the Review of University of Washington Rules, Bylaws, Orders, and Policies," revised June 24, 2014 (Executive Order No. 47)
- "Leave Policy for Classified Non-Union Staff," revised June 16, 2014 (Administrative Policy Statement 43.15)
- "Organization of the University Faculty," multiple sections revised June 11, 2014 (Faculty Code, Chapter 21)
- "Appointment and Promotion of Faculty Members," multiple sections revised June 11, 2014 (Faculty Code, Chapter 24)
- "Criteria for Tenure," revised June 11, 2014 (Faculty Code, Chapter 25, Section 25-32)