*UPDATE* Google Sites Hub Released
UPDATE: Google Sites Hub Released
UW-IT has released a campus-wide online portfolio solution -- the "Google Sites Hub" -- in Catalyst CommonView. This solution enables instructors and students to build and share rich electronic portfolios using the Google Sites page creation tools, and helps instructors to manage the process through the Catalyst Web Tools.
A Google Sites Hub in CommonView lets you:
- provide students with instructions for creating an online Portfolio
- provide an example, scaffold, or template that students can use as the basis for their e-portfolios
- collect links for student e-portfolios
- navigate to and view student e-portfolios
- track timely student submission of links to e-portfolios
- facilitate peer feedback and sharing of student e-portfolios
Learn how to Add and Edit a Google Sites Hub to your CommonView workspace.
Below are illustrations of the Google Sites Hub functionality.
Create a Google Sites Hub in CommonView
Allow students to copy an example site, submit a link, and view other submitted sites
Student view of Google Sites Hub in CommonView
Instructor view of submitted sites