UW-IT manages videoconferencing studios in Odegaard Undergraduate Library and the Health Sciences Building. The Videoconference Lead is responsible for the coordination and operation of these videoconference facilities.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaison for on-campus clients, coordinate with distant end contacts for scheduling and technical aspects of video conference events.
- Maintain and operate conferencing technologies.
- Operating cameras, DVD player/recorder, monitors, audio equipment, computers, and other electronic equipment.
- Troubleshoot audio/video issues and unplanned customer requests in an efficient, professional manner in time sensitive situations.
- Providing general information and answering questions related to Videoconferencing pricing, policies, and the use of the facilities
- Establishing work guidelines, procedures and assist presenters in their preparation
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with administration, staff, students, faculty, and other contacts and technology experts to successfully operate and maintain systems.
- Create customer invoices, answer customer questions related to invoices
- Create a documented system that tracks: all events, customers, revenue, invoices, and other metrics related to videoconferencing.
- May be required to occasionally work assignments that include day, night, weekends and/or holiday hours.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and on time.
- Other duties as assigned
Criteria for SelectionRequired:
- Must be current UW student
- Must be able to make a three quarter commitment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience with videoconference technologies
A satisfactory outcome from a criminal background verification will be required prior to hire. Must be fully eligible to work in the United States.