The Customer Service and Support division is responsible for providing information technology consulting and help desk support for voice and data, managed desktops, computer repair, and customer relationship management to departments, faculty, staff, and students. This division also provides 24x7x365 monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting for a wide variety of systems, applications, and facility- and security-related events.
The Technology Service Center and IT Consulting & Support teams build and strengthen relationships with UW faculty, staff, and students by handling requests and providing support for UW-IT services. Working with our Relationship Management team, they partner to understand the business needs of UW departments and their goals for supporting the University’s mission.
Our Computer Operations team provides excellent foundation services through 24x7 monitoring of critical systems and infrastructure.
- Provide the structure in UW-IT to successfully operate, maintain, and support the UW Exchange Service
- Standardize and streamline the service intake process and assignment of service requests to appropriate groups via a Request Fulfillment process
This division is responsible for the following units:
- Communications Solutions & Relationship Management. Partners with customers, UW-IT divisions, and vendors to provide technology solutions. This unit facilitates the delivery of UW-IT’s networking and communication services, coordinates voice and data projects for new and renovated buildings, focuses on emerging technologies and initiatives, and collaborates with customers to find strategic solutions to meet their needs. This unit also coordinates and develops new initiatives for inclusion in UW-IT’s service offerings.
- Computer Operations. Provides 24x7x365 monitoring of UW-IT systems and off-hours support for critical UW-IT services.
- IT Consulting & Support. Provides support services for UW Deskmail, Nebula Managed Desktop, UWare, UW Cloud Services and UW Exchange, and support for questions escalated from the UW-IT Service Center; and provides for-fee IT consulting to UW users and departments.
- Technology Service Center. Provides IT support in response to inquiries via email and phone for UW NetIDs, authentication and authorization systems, email services, and voice, data, and conferencing services; administers and maintains tools for identity management systems and directories, and maintains the billing data for most UW-IT services.
UW Mailbox: 359540