Technology Spaces Help Desk Consultant Description
This is a customer service position that provides consulting services and support to Technology Spaces clients. This position works on a team to solve client problems, keep the computer lab in a clean and orderly condition, and answer questions via email. Professionalism and maturity is required.
Become familiar with broad range of software, and develop advanced skills while providing assistance to customers.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
Consult on use of PC and Apple hardware and software within the facility.
Consult on file transfer, scanning, media conversion, file recovery, and damaged disk repairs.
Assist with complex software installs. Contribute to the team environment by providing new ideas and suggestions for keeping the Technology Help Desk operating at top condition.
Clean the computer lab, push in chairs, and collect lost and found items with your team.
May also work on a variety of projects including web development, database management, advanced technical support, document production, and system deployments.
Criteria for Selection
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Professionalism and organization
- Knowledge of Macintosh and PCs
- Familiarity with Ethernet, Telnet and File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- Knowledge of learning space software including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and graphics packages for Windows and Macintosh
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including 3 Saturdays per quarter
- Must be able to commit to 3 quarters of work before graduation
- Must be able to work during quarter breaks and summer quarter (supervisor may approve leave for internships or travel)
A satisfactory outcome from a criminal background verification will be required prior to hire.