Student SharePoint Designer
UW-IT maintains a SharePoint farm, UW SharePoint, for providing web sites and intranets for UW-IT and campus partners.
The Student SharePoint Designer is responsible for assisting in development and maintenance of external and internal facing web sites using SharePoint, as well as creating SharePoint resources for the UW community at large. This position provides flexible hours and ample opportunity to learn.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Design graphics and user interface elements.
- General maintenance and creation of pages, lists, sites, and templates.
- Participates in UW SharePoint community and maintain public documentation about UW SharePoint.
- Development and research of new webparts and solutions.
- Check Web sites for quality and integrity of information.
- Attend regular team meetings.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Criteria for Selection
- Must be a matriculated UW student.
- Must be available to work at least Summer Quarter 2012 through Fall Quarter 2012, current availability preferred.
- Must have a strong graphics background and be able to provide examples.
- Must have a clear understanding of web standards and how to design pages within those standards.
- Experience with SharePoint client object model, preferred.
- Experience with SharePoint or other BI products a plus.
- Experience consuming additional web services like Google or other UW Specific services, preferred.
A satisfactory outcome from a criminal background verification will be required prior to hire.
To apply, please submit a resume and unique graphic and code sample (non-coursework samples are preferred) to this Catalyst Collect It dropbox. Applications will be accepted until June 4th at 10 AM. Questions may be posed to David Norton, email@example.com.