Assistance With Computer Problems
What Is Computer Vet?
- A free drop-in service, Computer Vet will show you how to fix common software problems when you bring your computer to our help desk
Where Is Computer Vet?
The Computer Vet is located at the Technology Help Desk on the 2nd floor of Odegaard Undergraduate Library.
When is the Computer Vet Available?
Computer Vet business hours are as follows:*
|8am - Midnight||Monday through Thursday|
|8am - 6pm||Friday|
|Noon - 6pm||Saturday|
|Noon - Midnight||Sunday|
*Closed according to Odegaard's scheduling for UW holidays
Who Can Use Computer Vet?
- Current students, faculty, and staff
- UW NetID validation is required
What Does Computer Vet Help With?
- Installing STF funded Microsoft software
- Performing operating system updates
- Running anti-virus and anti-malware products on infected machines
What Is Computer Vet Not Able to Help With?
- Hardware issues
- One-on-one training on software usage
- Support over the phone