Available for : Instructors Students Staff
Panopto is the UW-IT supported lecture capture solution. Panopto allows for easy recording and reviewing of courses, lectures, and presentations. As a cloud-enabled service, Panopto is designed to simplify the lecture capture process. Recordings in Panopto are viewable on most Web browsers and mobile devices. No service fee for eligible users.
Panopto helps you to:
- Record and view lectures and presentations
- Share recordings
- Share recordings in Canvas
- Schedule recordings
- Use lecture capture in a UW Seattle classroom
- Upload recordings
- Add captions to recordings
- 4.9: Subfolders will inherit permissions from parent folders.
Panopto is adding new folder sharing options for “Unlisted” folders.
Can't find the feature you need? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Help Center:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (206)221-5000, option 3. Mon - Fri 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Walk-in: Odegaard building Room 230. Mon - Fri 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sun 12 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Free workshops offered biweekly. View schedule & register.
- Older recordings on new versions of Chrome are not viewable: Either use another browser or enable the plugin (how to use plug-in). We will fix this over the summer.
- PowerPoint: Panopto cannot process PowerPoint files with unknown fonts or symbols, or animations. If you need to use these, convert them into images.
- Processing speed: We are working with Panopto to improve the processing speed.
- Known issues and workarounds in Panopto Help desk