Available for : Instructors Students Staff
Panopto is the UW-IT supported lecture capture solution. Panopto allows for easy recording and reviewing of videos from courses, lectures, and presentations. As a cloud-enabled service, Panopto is designed to simplify the lecture capture process. Recordings in Panopto are viewable on most Web browsers and mobile devices. No service fee for eligible users.
Panopto helps you to:
- Record and view lectures and presentations
- Share recordings
- Share recordings in Canvas
- Schedule recordings
- Use lecture capture in a UW Seattle classroom
- Upload recordings
- Add captions to recordings
- Subfolders will inherit permissions from parent folders.
- Panopto is added new folder sharing options.
- If you are a creator and did not update your recorder to version 4.9 this summer, you will be required to update it before you can create a recording.
- For more details, see our Panopto Updates page.
Can't find the feature you need? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Help Center:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (206)221-5000, option 3. Mon - Fri 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Walk-in: Odegaard building Room 230
Mon - Thu 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Fri 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sun 12 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Free workshops offered biweekly. View schedule & register.
- PowerPoint: Panopto cannot process PowerPoint files with unknown fonts, symbols, or animations. If you need to use these, convert them into images.
- Known issues and workarounds in Panopto Help desk