Using the rich content editor in Canvas, you can embed YouTube videos into the page. You can open the rich content editor when you are using any of these features: Announcement, Assignments, Discussions, Pages, Quizzes, and Syllabus. When you create or edit any of these course elements, you will see the rich content editor.
Embed a YouTube video:
- From within your Canvas course, in the left-hand course navigation, click the tab that corresponds to the area where you want to add the video (e.g., Assignments, Syllabus, etc.).
- Click Edit or Create as appropriate. The rich content editor appears.
- In the rich content editor toolbar, click the insert link button (chain icon).
- In the text box that appears, enter the URL of the YouTube video page.
- Click Insert Link.
- Check the rich content editor to ensure that the link was properly inserted. The link will flash yellow when it is inserted in the page.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Save. The video should now appear on the page where you have embedded it, and will be available for viewing.