The Canvas Syllabus page includes four sections (see corresponding numbers in figure below):
- A syllabus description at the top of the page that you create and can edit at any time.
- An auto-generated list of all the assignments in your course.
- The course calendar, located in the sidebar on the right side of the screen. Assignment due dates and course event dates appear in bold.
- The course grading scheme, located on the sidebar.
You can use the Syllabus page to:
- Post an introduction to your course and course policies.
- Introduce yourself to your students.
- See assignments and due dates in chronological order.
- Display all of the upcoming assignments and events in your course.
Changes that you make to assignments in other parts of Canvas will appear in the syllabus. For instance:
- Changes you make to assignment groups will be
automatically reflected in the grading scheme in the right-hand sidebar
of the Syllabus page.
- When you add or edit assignments in the Assignments page or through the Calendar, these changes will appear in the system-generated list of assignments in the syllabus. Assignments without a due date will be listed at the bottom of the
- When you change a due date for an assignment or move an event in the
Calendar, the list in the Syllabus will automatically reflect those