IT Governance and Oversight
- IT Governance - Three information technology governance boards provide advice and guidance on IT strategies, priorities, and services.
- Data Management Committee - The DMC works for consistent approaches to data management, defining ways to support coordination, collaboration, and efficiency, and developing recommendations for institutional data related to access, quality, security, and more.
- Privacy Assurance and Systems Security (PASS) Council - The PASS Council promotes a collaborative approach to information security and privacy at the UW and provides advice to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
Policies and Guidelines
- Climate Action Plan Policies - Information on server guidelines, including how to request a UW-IT site visit or an exception.
IT Organizations and Groups
- UW Information Technology - UW-IT is the central information technology organization for the UW.
- UW Bothell Information Technologies - UWB-IT provides technology services and resources to UW Bothell.
- UW Tacoma Information Technology - UWT-IT provides computing, media, and academic technology support to UW Tacoma.
- UW Medicine IT Services - UW Medicine IT supports the computing needs of UW Medicine, including teaching, research, and clinical work.
- eScience Institute - The eScience team helps researchers apply the most appropriate technology to their research.
- Enterprise Architecture - Planning and strategy practices that result in well-designed, cost-efficient technology solutions for the UW.
- Computing Directors Group - The group serves as a forum on strategic information technology issues.
IT Related Research and Advising Services
Core Gartner Research Access
Gartner research resources are available to current University of Washington faculty, students, and staff. To access Gartner research resources, use your UW NetID to log in at gartner.uw.edu. If you are sent a direct link to a Gartner article, you will have to login at gartner.uw.edu before you can access the link.
Gartner for Technology Professionals (GTP) Access
Technology professionals at the University of Washington have access to more Gartner resources, unlimited analyst dialogues and architecture document reviews, as well as technology consulting. If you are a technology professional, and you have logged in at gartner.uw.edu, but you see the white screen shown above rather than the blue screen shown to the left, please request access to GTP. Under a contract agreement with Gartner, information technology employees at the UW are given access to this service. This service is not available to faculty or students under this agreement.