IT Governance and Oversight
- IT Governance - Three information technology governance boards provide advice and guidance on IT strategies, priorities, and services.
- Data Management Committee - The DMC works for consistent approaches to data management, defining ways to support coordination, collaboration, and efficiency, and developing recommendations for institutional data related to access, quality, security, and more.
- Privacy Assurance and Systems Security (PASS) Council - The PASS Council promotes a collaborative approach to information security and privacy at the UW and provides advice to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
IT Organizations and Groups
- UW Information Technology - UW-IT is the central information technology organization for the UW.
- UW Bothell Information Technologies - UWB-IT provides technology services and resources to UW Bothell.
- UW Tacoma Information Technology - UWT-IT provides computing, media, and academic technology support to UW Tacoma.
- UW Medicine IT Services - UW Medicine IT supports the computing needs of UW Medicine, including teaching, research, and clinical work.
- eScience Institute - The eScience team helps researchers apply the most appropriate technology to their research.
- Enterprise Architecture - Planning and strategy practices that result in well-designed, cost-efficient technology solutions for the UW.
- Computing Directors Group - The group serves as a forum on strategic information technology issues.
IT Related Research and Advising Services
- Gartner Webinars (no login required | must register for Webinar) | About Gartner | Gartner login through UW - IT research and advising service that offers free weekly Webinars (training via the Internet) on topics including cloud computing, ITIL and IT Operations, and Business Intelligence.
- Gartner video (no login required) - IT research and advising services, including TV conversations, that provide practical, technically in-depth advice to front-line IT professionals.
- Gartner for Technical Professionals (GTP) - Provides in-depth, technical research to help deliver outstanding results with IT, including access to consultants. Access is restricted to information technology technical staff at the UW. To request access use this form.