- On This Page
- Core Apps and Additional Apps
- Getting Started with UW Google Apps
- Usage Policies and Guidelines
- More Information from Google
The University of Washington and Google are partnering to provide UW Google Apps to the UW community. UW Google Apps is a service that can be used by current UW students, faculty, staff, alumni, and former students. This version of Google Apps is specific to the UW and is free of advertising.
Core Apps and Additional Apps
The apps available in UW Google Apps fall into two groups: Core Apps and Additional Apps.
- Core Apps. These include UW Gmail, Drive, Calendar and Sites. Google has agreed that University of Washington student data stored in its Core Apps is subject to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) when in Google's possession.
UW Gmail Drive Calendar Sites
- Additional Apps. Over the past few years, most of the consumer apps available for Google Apps have been evaluated and added to UW Google Apps. These additional apps are not subject to the same agreements the UW has in place for the core apps, and, most importantly, they are not FERPA compliant. Read more about the additional apps.
Getting Started with UW Google Apps
To get started with UW Google Apps, you must activate your account. For information on activating your account and using UW Google Apps, see Getting Started with UW Google Apps.
Usage Policies and Guidelines
UW Google Apps is subject to University appropriate use guidelines and electronic records policies. For more information, see Usage Policies and Guidelines for Cloud Services.
UW Medicine Users: Google Apps are not approved for use with patient data. See the UW Medicine guidance at Being Secure in the Cloud.
More Information from Google
- Using Google Apps at Work or School
- Google Apps Learning Center
- Gmail Help Center
- Subscribe to Google Apps updates
- The Official Gmail Blog
- Google Apps Service Status
- Google Sending Limits