Transportation Services staff are available to help you at gatehouses Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. until 9 p.m. and on Saturdays from 7 a.m. until noon.
Driver Safety Training & Resources
Driver Safety & Awareness Training
Before driving a UW-owned vehicle, faculty, staff and students are required to take either our web-based or classroom version of the Driver Safety & Awareness training course as well as review and acknowledge applicable policies. The course must be refreshed every 2 years to stay current and qualified to drive UW-owned vehicles.
The new Driver Safety & Awareness course allows users to take the course, view completion data, and print certificates by using their UW NetID and associated password. The web-based lookup tool for supervisors is temporarily unavailable.
If you have any questions or concerns about this update or your training status, please contact the Fleet Safety Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-221-6838.
Specified Driver Program
Specified drivers are:
- At-fault for 2 accidents in a UW-owned vehicle in a 24 month period
- At-fault for at least 1 accident causing any injury in a 24 month period
- Drive 1,000 miles or more per month for at least 6 months in a one year period
UW Driving Safety Policies & Guidance
Driver Safety Resources
Fleet Services provides guidance regarding safe driving practices and resources to drivers and departments that reinforce driving safety:
- Washington State Driver Guide - WA Department of Licensing
- Aggressive Driving and Road Rage Tips - WA State Patrol
- WA State Pedestrian Laws - WA DOT
- Pedestrian Laws - City of Seattle
- Seatbelt and Occupant Protection Advice - WA Traffic Safety Commission
- Weather Advisory and Pass Conditions - WA DOT
- Rest Area Information - WA DOT
- Summer Driving Tips - NHTSA
- Winter Driving Resources - WA State Patrol
- Winter Driving Tips - Auto Insurance Center
- WA State Load Securing Laws - WA DOE
- UW Cargo Vehicle Backing & Liftgate Safety Video - UW Facilities Services
- Cargo Box Truck Backing Video - Pro-Tread, Inc.