Operators will periodically receive directives from the Fleet Services regarding defensive driving techniques. Handouts and information on defensive driving are available at the Fleet Services Rental Office.
A defensive driver is one who:
- Is careful to commit no driving errors.
- Makes allowances for the lack of skill and improper attitude of other drivers.
- Does not become involved in an accident or a close call because of weather, road conditions, traffic, or the actions of pedestrians and other drivers.
- Is continually alert for accident-producing situations far enough in advance to take defensive action.
- Concedes the right of way to prevent an accident.