The University of Washington: Facilities Services

Collisions and accidents

University of Washington Fleet Services has teamed up with CEI to manage accident reporting. CEI forms are located in the glove box of all university vehicles.

Download a CEI Accident Report form

In case of a collision or accident

Stop immediately and take required precautions to prevent further collisions and accidents.

Provide the other parties involved in the accident the UW Liability Insurance ID Card located in the glove box.

If there is an injury or damage call 911.

Contact CEI at 1-877-443-5777 to report an incident. Identify yourself as a University of Washington employee.

Fill out the CEI accident report and have your supervisor sign it. Forward the report to Fleet Services within 24 hours of the incident.

If necessary, CEI will tow the vehicle back to Fleet Services or a different repair shop if the vehicle is outside of the Seattle area.

If necessary, CEI will provide a rental vehicle if the driver is away from the University of Washington campus or the accident takes place after Fleet Services office hours.

Please submit an Accident/Incident Report to the Environmental Health and Safety Department if there is a physical injury or near miss.

In case of minor damage, or if no other vehicles are involved

Contact CEI at 1-877-443-5777 to report the incident and identify yourself as a University of Washington employee.

Fill out a CEI accident report. Have your supervisor and manager sign the report and forward it to Fleet Services within 24 hours of the incident.

Bring the vehicle to Fleet Services for a damage assessment.

Any damage or vandalism to a vehicle must be reported to Fleet Services even if a driver was not present. A CEI accident report must be filled out per requirements stated above.

State law requires the State of Washington Vehicle Collision Report be filled out in addition to the CEI accident report if the damage exceeds $700 or there is a personal injury or death associated with the accident. Send the completed collision report to the agencies listed at the top of the form. These forms are also available from the Fleet Services rental office.